Introducing the New & Improved Shenzhen Luyuan Technology Co.

Stepandwolf

Solar Enthusiast
The other thing is just getting the Orion 24 volt to 12 Volt DC to DC converter installed, along with the wiring, and taking the RV for a test drive to make sure the brakes still work, and 70 amps is enough for the leveling jacks.
Are you going from a 24V charging system to a 12v battery bank? I want to go from 12v alternator to 24v battery bank. Maybe that is what you are doing? What amperage are you drawing?

chrisski

Solar Addict
Are you going from a 24V charging system to a 12v battery bank? I want to go from 12v alternator to 24v battery bank. Maybe that is what you are doing? What amperage are you drawing?
I'm going from a 24 volt lithium battery bank to power a 3000 watt inverter. I did not want an inverter that big on a 12 volt system. I need 12 volts for the stuff that came with the camper. I am not going to have a 12 volt battery bank, but a 24 volt to 12 volt DC to DC converter rated for 70 amps. The big thing I need the amperage for is 50 amps to run the leveling jacks. I also have no idea how much the brakes take from the electric system, but 70 amps and the 12 volts from the trailer hitch will be enough.

I don't know if there's 12 volt to 24 volt converters for charging from alternators. Someone talked about putting a spare alternator in, but making it a 24 volt output. I have that option in my truck. It can take two alternators, but I only have one. Perhaps I could put a second alternator in, and not hook it to the truck's electrical system, but make the output strictly for the trailer.

Victron makes converters, but they don't seem to be high amperage battery chargers.

Stepandwolf

Solar Enthusiast
I'm going from a 24 volt lithium battery bank to power a 3000 watt inverter. I did not want an inverter that big on a 12 volt system. I need 12 volts for the stuff that came with the camper. I am not going to have a 12 volt battery bank, but a 24 volt to 12 volt DC to DC converter rated for 70 amps. The big thing I need the amperage for is 50 amps to run the leveling jacks. I also have no idea how much the brakes take from the electric system, but 70 amps and the 12 volts from the trailer hitch will be enough.

I don't know if there's 12 volt to 24 volt converters for charging from alternators. Someone talked about putting a spare alternator in, but making it a 24 volt output. I have that option in my truck. It can take two alternators, but I only have one. Perhaps I could put a second alternator in, and not hook it to the truck's electrical system, but make the output strictly for the trailer.

Victron makes converters, but they don't seem to be high amperage battery chargers.
Not knowing the amperage I will on the 12V side, I used the Prose suggested 40a converter that I am dubious about as they put 12ga wires on it.

I just checked, Victron's Orion comes in a 12v in and 24v out, but it downgrades the unit to 10A output.

I found a lot of 12>24v converters, but not smart ones that know how to manage the power properly.

chrisski

Solar Addict
Since I already had 12 volt and a Battery monitor, I was able to watch my amperage draws. The only thing that could possibly pull that more than 40 amps that I know are leveling jacks.

Amy Wan (Luyuan)

Solar Addict
Alright timing wise, now that I have just received a tracking# from Amy, what have you seen for shipment to delivery?

My guess is its still in the port and these batteries are at least 2 months away, but would be nice to know from those who've received these what the timeline was from order. I'll be away from the house for a few days a couple of weeks from now, and would be nice to know that batteries ordered a month ago have no chance of being delivered to my door and dropped off in my driveway while I'm away for three days.
You could contact me via Alibaba, and I will contact the logistics company to inquire about the specific location and status of this order.

Amy Wan (Luyuan)

Solar Addict
Dear all friends of the forum,

1. In this afternoon, I received an accurate notice from EVE that LF280N will no longer be produced and will be replaced by LF280K. LF280K is an upgraded version of LF280N. I will send its specifications in the attachment.

Yes, they update quickly this time. But for us, it is a good news, LF280K, the cycles has almost doubled(6000cycles), but the price is only a very small adjustment. LF280K and LF280N, their size is very close,just the LF280K is 3-4 mm higher.

2.Except 280AH and 105AH, we also sell grade A and fully matched 50AH, 230AH, 304AH, all from EVE.

3. We can also provide three brands of BMS:

Chargery BMS, JBD BMS, Daly BMS.

If you need them, please let me know through Alibaba. If BMS and cells are sent together, which will save some shipping costs.

4. About the busbar:

Old version bus bar---1.5 cm wide, 2 mm thick, 1cell---2 free bus bars

New version busbar----2 cm wide, 2 mm thick, 1 cell---1 free busbar

We will send the wider one by default,of course, if you need the older version, please let me know.

According to Steve_S's suggestion, we will also add longer busbars, with them,it should be more convenient for assembly.

5. About the packaging:

Recently, we received some feedback from few customers about the cells being damaged during transportation, we deeply apologize for that. But no other ways, what we need do is to continue to improve our packaging. Our current packaging thickens the foam, and increases the density of the foam, and the rigidity of the carton box . We believe that it should be safe enough now.

1627300563480.png
1627300695483.png

6. Big thanks for the trust ,patience and tolerance of all the friends here . If our business can go further, it must be inseparable from all your support!

Kind regards,

Amy

Attachments

• LF280K (3 2V 280Ah) Product Specification( Version B ).pdf
    542.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 1627300470700.png
    1627300470700.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 1627300482711.png
    1627300482711.png
    67.9 KB · Views: 8

Just John

Photon Sorcerer

1. In this afternoon, I received an accurate notice from EVE that LF280N will no longer be produced and will be replaced by LF280K. LF280K is an upgraded version of LF280N. I will send its specifications in the attachment.

Yes, they update quickly this time. But for us, it is a good news, LF280K, the cycles has almost doubled(6000cycles), but the price is only a very small adjustment. LF280K and LF280N, their size is very close,just the LF280K is 3-4 mm higher.

2.Except 280AH and 105AH, we also sell grade A and fully matched 50AH, 230AH, 304AH, all from EVE.

If you need them, please let me know through Alibaba. If BMS and cells are sent together, which will save some shipping costs.

4. About the busbar:

We will send the wider one by default,of course, if you need the older version, please let me know.

According to Steve_S's suggestion, we will also add longer busbars, with them,it should be more convenient for assembly.

5. About the packaging:

Recently, we received some feedback from few customers about the cells being damaged during transportation, we deeply apologize for that. But no other ways, what we need do is to continue to improve our packaging. Our current packaging thickens the foam, and increases the density of the foam, and the rigidity of the carton box . We believe that it should be safe enough now.

View attachment 57710
View attachment 57711

6. Big thanks for the trust ,patience and tolerance of all the friends here . If our business can go further, it must be inseparable from all your support!

Kind regards,

Amy
Thanks Amy, I've placed the cell data sheet in the resources section now.

houseofancients

Solar Enthusiast
thank you amy for your hard work in improving as much as you are !

if and when new cell are needed on my part, they will come from you

4. About the busbar:

5. About the packaging:

View attachment 57710
View attachment 57711

Kind regards,

Amy

Gazoo

Dumb Dumb
he new data sheet still mentions 300kgf clamp.
Right and nothing new here except EVE is claiming a 2500 cycle life increase compared to the "N" cells if using perfect compression :) Even with the standard average of 2000 cycles with no compression, the cells will likely age before the cells degrade to 80% capacity. Most run their cells between the knees which will also help increase the life of a cell before it ages.

I don't know of anyone that pushes their cells at the full 1C rates and runs the cells through a full cycle every single day. I am not implying the "K" series isn't better. No one can say what EVE changed to increase cycle life except EVE. I am saying for anyone who is using the original LF280 EVE cells or "N" cells will still be happy.

Gazoo

Dumb Dumb
But for us, it is a good news, LF280K, the cycles has almost doubled(6000cycles),
Hi Amy,

The 6000 cycle life applies with perfect compression meaning the cells are clamped and held at a consistent PSI throughout the charge and discharge cycle. EVE does not mention anything about cycle life with no compression. Could you please ask EVE what the cycle life is of these new cells if the cells are not compressed?

There is pleanty of discussion about compressing the cells on this forum so ne need to go into that in this thread. Thank you :)

bgflyguy

Solar Enthusiast
I don't know the provenance for these cells, but they are matched and hq as advertised.

I ordered 4 cells back in Jan/Feb for a family member, they received them in April, and I finally had the chance to build a battery with them.

They were packed well with no damage, and they all measured within 10mv of each other, probably closer to 5mv, but I only had 2 decimals on the cheapo multimeter I used. I paralleled them to top balance, but I was only getting around 50w from my power supply so I just turned off the charger and left them like that for a day or two while I did some other stuff. I assume it didnt do much. in the interest of time I just put them in serries and threw them in a box. I added a Daly Smart bms from current connected ( @HighTechLab ) and started charging. They hit 14v at around 25mv cell difference and that was good enough for me.

The cells and bms were pretty much plug and play. I took extra care with the terminals, and they didnt get hot at 150a so I'm calling it a success.

These were much easier to set up than my previous 8 cells from another distributor.

Last edited:

Simi 60

Hi Amy, I placed an order for 24 cells and 3 JBD BMS with you yesterday coming to Australia.

I assume these will be the batteries I will now be getting?