Introducing the New & Improved Shenzhen Luyuan Technology Co.

OffGridICF

Solar Enthusiast
Last week Amy sent the test data for the 52 matched EVE LF280K cells I ordered. The range was 287 - 292 AH or -1% to +0.8% from the average of 290AH. The resistance values were all 0.14-0.15 for the third column of data at 3.297V. She said shipping times are currently 60 days but I expect it will take longer. These cells should perform far better than the existing flooded lead acid battery bank, especially with our short cloudy winter days. It will be interesting to see how much less generator run time is required to get through the winter.

Just John

Photon Sorcerer
Last week Amy sent the test data for the 52 matched EVE LF280K cells I ordered. The range was 287 - 292 AH or -1% to +0.8% from the average of 290AH. The resistance values were all 0.14-0.15 for the third column of data at 3.297V. She said shipping times are currently 60 days but I expect it will take longer. These cells should perform far better than the existing flooded lead acid battery bank, especially with our short cloudy winter days. It will be interesting to see how much less generator run time is required to get through the winter.
I don't know what the efficiency is of lead acid, but I am measuring 99% for LiFePO4. In other words, if I put in 100 amp hours of energy, I can get back 99. I am sure using voltage and current measurement gets you closer to the claimed 98% efficiency, but it is damned impressive.

OffGridICF

Solar Enthusiast
@Just John - Thanks for the feedback on charging efficiency. FLA batteries are typically assumed to be about 85% efficient. They will accept a high charging current when discharged but this current tapers off as they become charged. They require an absorb time of another 1.5-3 hours after the bulk charge phase to reach full charge. The current set of FLA batteries are also nearing the end of their life so discharging them down to less than 70% state of charge and applying a heavy load can cause their voltage to sag which auto-starts the generator.

The generator burns about 0.5 gal/hour of diesel under full 9kW load. As the batteries get closer to fully charged the fuel consumption drops a little but the charging current drops a lot so the generator runs a long time under less and less efficient conditions. The FLA batteries also need to be fully charged regularly (every 5 days or so) or they become sulfated and lose capacity. They can't be left in a partial state of charge for a long time.

LiFePO4 batteries have a higher charging efficiency as you said, they accept a constant charge current followed by a very brief absorb phase and they don't require a full charge on a regular basis. These factors should allow the generator to run at a higher efficiency and less often.

I'm really excited to get the new batteries and put them into service. That said, top balancing them in November or December may require a little extra generator runtime. At the winter solstice we drop to 8 hours of daylight and only a couple of hours of direct sun due to the mountains to the south.

Just John

Photon Sorcerer

chrisski

Photon Sorcerer
Interesting experience ordering through China for Batteries on AliBaba. Not for the feint of heart or those with little trust.

I got an E-Mail from Alibaba saying my stuff was delivered. Of course it was not at my front door, so I of course notified Amy by message. Being time differences it was a 12 hour response to hear that my stuff is on the way. I guess the supplier automatically puts a delivery time in AliBaba and once that hits, an auto e-mail is generated.

If this type of stuff bothers you, you really need to think hard about ordering. I can understand being worried about several thousand dollars worth of batteries and the tracking.

My lead acid batteries delivered from the next state over were very easy to track and never disappeared during shipping. Definitely worth the wait.

Stormsoul

Long time reader and watcher of Will's Videos. First post. I just ordered 32 280AH K version batteries. I will still need to buy BMS's a container to put 16 in. I will be creating eventually, a Home power battery backup. I live in Tucson and the summer bill is insane. I am doing panels as well. In short. I am still learning but I am doing this and will make a new thread for the big project. Thank you Amy, the process so far has been great.

Short_Shot

Photon Sorcerer
Interesting experience ordering through China for Batteries on AliBaba. Not for the feint of heart or those with little trust.

I got an E-Mail from Alibaba saying my stuff was delivered. Of course it was not at my front door, so I of course notified Amy by message. Being time differences it was a 12 hour response to hear that my stuff is on the way. I guess the supplier automatically puts a delivery time in AliBaba and once that hits, an auto e-mail is generated.

If this type of stuff bothers you, you really need to think hard about ordering. I can understand being worried about several thousand dollars worth of batteries and the tracking.

My lead acid batteries delivered from the next state over were very easy to track and never disappeared during shipping. Definitely worth the wait.
That's OK.

These emails I'm getting from FedEx suggest mine are just a few minutes up the road, but aliexpress status says logistics delay and nothing further.

Just John

Photon Sorcerer
That's OK.

These emails I'm getting from FedEx suggest mine are just a few minutes up the road, but aliexpress status says logistics delay and nothing further.
I don't usually get FedEx or UPS emails until two or three days before arrival. But I only live one state over, and they don't send emails until they have them on their truck. You might have the notification set up differently.

Short_Shot

Photon Sorcerer
I don't usually get FedEx or UPS emails until two or three days before arrival. But I only live one state over, and they don't send emails until they have them on their truck. You might have the notification set up differently.
That's not the issue.

Aliexpress is what has no idea what's going on.

FedEx is telling me what I need to know, although it still has no estimated delivery date despite the fact that the package is literally 10 minutes away by car lol

OffGridICF

Solar Enthusiast
FedEx is telling me what I need to know, although it still has no estimated delivery date despite the fact that the package is literally 10 minutes away by car lol
This is a common occurrence here. Packages sit 30 minutes away for anywhere from a few days to 2 weeks. The local delivery contractor had most of their workforce walk out. I was told they were making $12/hr and being worked to death. After all the local businesses complained (deliveries only a few times per week, same for outgoing) they finally brought in some drivers from a nearby town to catch back up. FedEx ground service is terrible here.

If you can find the local depot address / phone number you can probably go get your packages there. Nothing here changed until the local online paper published this info.

Short_Shot

Photon Sorcerer
This is a common occurrence here. Packages sit 30 minutes away for anywhere from a few days to 2 weeks. The local delivery contractor had most of their workforce walk out. I was told they were making $12/hr and being worked to death. After all the local businesses complained (deliveries only a few times per week, same for outgoing) they finally brought in some drivers from a nearby town to catch back up. FedEx ground service is terrible here.

If you can find the local depot address / phone number you can probably go get your packages there. Nothing here changed until the local online paper published this info.
I got them yesterday, so no big deal. Top balancing in progress.

Amy Wan (Luyuan)

Solar Addict
Hello Amy Wan, I am interested in purchasing Eve 280ah battery cells, looking to do 28 cells so totally 7 complete 280ah batteries. Meaning 1960ah total is what I am looking at. This is for a catamaran to live off grid. Please let me know how we can chat? Thanks Michael
So sorry I didn't reply you here in time,dear Michael.

You could find me via our Alibaba link, my reply will be faster there.

Or my email,Amylovelifesz@163.com

Amy Wan (Luyuan)

Solar Addict
Do they do completed packs?
Link please if they do.
Yes, we can assemble that. (Sorry, we haven't added the link for the complete battery pack to the store yet.) For a complete battery pack,shipping may be a big problem,(logistics companies have restrictions on the weight of a single package). So, in order to be more economical, I suggest you order the components and then assemble them yourself.

Amy Wan (Luyuan)

Solar Addict
I know at one time they tried (with welded busbars). They however were sending them to a third party to do the assembly, and the quality wasn't there. That was quite some time ago, so things may or may not have changed. Your best bet would be to chat with Amy on Alibaba and find out.

The best thing about Amy is she won't tell you what you want to hear, but the truth.

Yes, dear John.

We terminated our cooperation with the battery assembly factory (that is the third party you mentioned). Because we feel that they are not reliable enough, and we cannot completely control the quality.

So, we do not accept complex customized orders temporarily, simple customizations is ok.

Amy Wan (Luyuan)

Solar Addict
Pile of cells purchased from Amy and packaged up at the factory. It is then going to the logistics company that Amy uses to package them up better for shipment. The table I was sent with testing data showed lowest capacity cell was at 281Ah and highest almost at 292Ah. Resistance of all cells at 0.15 mohm.

View attachment 63602
Could you contact me via Alibaba or send me a private conversation?Thanks!

Amy Wan (Luyuan)

Solar Addict
I guess the supplier automatically puts a delivery time in AliBaba and once that hits, an auto e-mail is generated.
No, sellers will not and can not do so.

According to Alibaba's rules, if the buyer does not click "Order has been completed", the seller will not get the money for this order (the money will always be in Alibaba's account). Usually, many buyers will not click this button after receiving packages, so after a certain period of time, Alibaba will automatically marked the order as completed.

Shipping by sea---60 days, Express---15 days

Before Alibaba marks the order as completed by default, both the buyer and the seller have an opportunity to extend the delivery time (15 days each).

So, if your order still does not arrive before Alibaba's operation, please extend the delivery time of the order, or you could also contact the seller to do so.

Amy Wan (Luyuan)

Solar Addict
1. Recently, we received some feedback from three customers that the battery was damaged during shipping, we are deeply sorry for that . So,we upgraded the packaging again (adding plastic protectors in all 8 corners). We think this should be safe enough now.(The pictures are in the attachment)

Attachments

• 1632905324969.png
    1632905324969.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 14
  • 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    790.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    658.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    761.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    560.9 KB · Views: 15

Amy Wan (Luyuan)

Solar Addict
2. In order to shorten the time of shipment (from our warehouse to the logistics company), we are doing our best to adjust the stocks plan. Currently, we have enough stocks and could ship orders within a week.

3. Regarding the insulating material placed between cells, we can provide something like this:

1632905653150.png

If you need that, please contact me via Alibaba.

(https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...0096.html?spm=a2747.manage.0.0.1ae971d2yM5m5h)

4. Currently, the products we can provide:

lifepo4 cells: 50AH, 90AH, 105AH, 173AH, 230AH, 280AH, 304AH (all from EVE, Class A and matched)

BMS: All specifications of the three brands ---Chargery BMS, Daly BMS, JBD BMS

Custom battery box

Other components needed for DIY, such as insulation materials, internal resistance meter...

Simple battery pack assembly