diy solar

diy solar

Introduction

wholybee

Solar Enthusiast
Hello, just an introduction.
I am researching and preparing to convert my boat from FLA to Lifepo4. Currently I have 430W of solar, Victron MPPT controller, and 230Ah@12V of FLA. The battery space is approx 15x13x10 which is an odd space. It looks like the 280Ah batteries that have been part of a group buy might be the best way to fit the most Ah in that space. I think fitting 8 of those cells is feasible.

Still looking at all my options.
-Warren

The battery space is approx 15x13x10 which is an odd space. It looks like the 280Ah batteries that have been part of a group buy might be the best way to fit the most Ah in that space. I think fitting 8 of those cells is feasible.
Welcome.
Here is the spec sheet for the eve 280ah cells https://diysolarforum.com/threads/l...tep-in-fabrication-of-li-ion-batteries.11983/
These cells are a bit delicate and will require some special consideration for a mobile application.

Thank you. Mechanical durability is a concern of mine, as they will be subjected not only to vibration, but occasional shock loads(think car accident) when a wave breaks on the boat.
My untested idea is to leave them in the foam they ship in.
Not sure of the heat tolerance and other properties of the foam.
Use wires for interconnects instead of busbars.

cells_packaging.jpg

Back