diy solar

diy solar

Inverter 3kVA/3kw vs 3kVA/2.4kW

ksocheat

Hello everyone!
I come across MPP Inverter model 3024MSE and 2424MSE1. It rates the same 3kVA but the MSE model is 3kW when the MSE1 is 2.4kw. Is the 3kVA/3kW provide better efficiency by 20%? Thank you in advance.

Here are the spec sheet. It is the power factor different, what does it really mean in real life. Thank you.

Attachments

• MSE.png
    MSE.png
    66.8 KB · Views: 11
  • MSE1.png
    MSE1.png
    220.7 KB · Views: 11
That's an interesting distinction. I wonder why one has a lower power factor on its input and how that relates to what it can do on its inverter output. This might be a question for the MPP representative that is on the forum.

Power factor is about how a device draws power from an AC source.

A simple wire element room heater has a power factor of 1 (well so close to it that it can be considered to be 1) because the current through the heater is in step with the voltage. As the voltage goes up, the current does too.

Other loads such as motors store energy in a magnetic field and the interaction with that field causes the current flow to become shifted from what the voltage is doing.

There are other ways to lower the power factor (ie, make it worse) but that's the gist of it. From a consumer's point of view, power factor doesn't matter as most households are billed in watts. From a generator's point of view (including an inverter) a poor power factor makes life harder. You can think of a poor power factor as being water sloshing around in a tank. The water doesn't go anywhere but someone still has to rock the tank to make it slosh around.

Hi
My name is john i am trying to have 5kva solar panel with battery i saw you video was trying to contact you directly to see how i can work with you set all the needed control panel here before installing it at my house we use 220volt in all our home appliances so i need help to set up
i will be glad is you can assist me with idea and cost as cheap as passible also what type of battery do i need .
thank you
john

Back