diy solar

diy solar

Inverter indecision xantrex, giandell or renogy

Which inverter

• Total voters
I would avoid the Renogy at this time due to too many issues with quality and customer service, as posted on the forum.

If those are my only choices, the Xantrex would be it. But only because I have a reliable Xantrex and know nothing about Giandel.

I like my GoPower. If I had to choose it would be Giandel and I know nothing about them. My Prosine 1800 burned up way to quick. Renogy is just a reseller of unknown product. JMHO.

I also have a GoPower that seems rock solid. I had a Xantrex ProWatt that also died after the 3rd overload..

Renogy seems to be just re-branding another Chinese manufacturer, so if that's your final choice, you should be able to find it for less without their name. Having said that, I've had good luck with AIMs. They're here in the States and are very quick to respond to questions and their tech folks are very forthcoming with help when you need it;

If you had more time I would have recommended a MPP all in one. 2kw inverter plus MPPT SCC and grid charger for battery all in one for about the same price.

Back