diy solar

diy solar

Inverter issue

Aviadmaman

Hello everyone, I recently purchased the above unit The unit arrived defective, the unit was ordered from China from a company from a reseller named easun. The seller does not provide service beyond the sale. Anyway the converter turns on and works for about five minutes, and goes into protection and stops the output of the v220 After switching off and on, the operation repeats itself. In connecting the unit to supply controlled power, the result that at a input time of 25v the unit takes around 30watt When the fault appears the unit takes 4-5 watts And there is no output of 220 v. Has anyone encountered the phenomenon or has any preliminary diagnosis?
IMG_20220115_105934_272.jpg

In connecting the unit to supply controlled power, the result that at a input time of 25v the unit takes
Europe I assume?

Have you tried upping your faux panel input voltage to 26+V? At 25V may not be able to withstand the output loads applied? What can your “controlled supply” do for amps?

I’m totally shooting in the dark, not even wildhat guessing- I know nothing of your unit but the voltage got me thinking. That the thing runs at all makes me guess that it’s not a fault of the unit.

The unit was operated by an external supplier and tested with batteries. No problem with the input voltage Once the fault appears there is a lamp of arrival without a clear fault code . Manual repair will help anyone ??

Are you saying you don’t have a manual?
That’s a first step.

If it was tested operated fine with batteries but not with your power supply that’s an indicator to me…

Last edited:
Are you saying you don’t have a manual?
Nop don't have it
I realized that most of the hybrid products are made by a company called Voltronics. Anyway I have no thread tip. Where to start Another point to note when the converter is working there is an electrical noise coming out of it

point to note when the converter is working there is an electrical noise coming out of it
What kind of “electrical noise?”

A hum would perhaps not be surprising (hum from a transformer using alternating current or putting out alternating current is not bizarre, but many inverter/chargers are silent)

If the unit’s settings make it think it’s supposed to be charging a battery it could perhaps make a hum depending on how it’s made. It says it charges at 27V and 25VDC is less than 27

Other noises would be disconcerting

IMG_20220116_121705_660.jpgIMG_20220116_121940_875.jpgIMG_20220116_122006_176.jpg
I uploaded some pictures describing the error At first everything is fine After a few minutes There is no ac port And appears in Figure 3. When turned off and on, the operation repeats itself. When there are consumers and the crushing is connected to the batteries the result is the same.

Maybe somebody that “knows some things” can help you but:
1) you need to find a manual
2) you don’t know or mention what the settings are or if you have tried to discern from the user interface
3) 25V is less than 27V; does it think it is charging (the power supply isn’t a load to the unit causing error)

There’s no way of even wildhat guessing without you knowing what its mode is, the parameters configured for the device, and how it behaves with batteries. It’s all trial and error and random at best.
With the device right in front of you - you have way more chance of figuring it out or getting help here if you know what it’s supposed to be doing. (Did you buy this or was it a hand-me-down? You need documentation.)

I’m still quite suspicious that your test method at 25V may never reveal anything useful.

Find a manual somewhere and see what it’s supposed to do.

Manual (or at least from a similar model, just 'plus' version):

Error code 09 = "Bus soft start failed"

This guy had the same issues:

The problem is a broken FET on the device.

Also discussed here:

Repair video (MPP SOLAR PIP model):

Hi
yes, Have this exact problem. I posted this last year sometime. This is not the fault talked about by upnorthandpersonal. I am on a isolar smv3kva. the fault mode changes the display with U1 in front of it. Take note of the picture in avaidmanns post "U1 09 53". If a normal error happens the error code is displayed i a different manner. I am a electronics tech and have been trying to work through this problem for a while. No it is not a fet problem, main DC fets are fine and the IGBTs are fine. The unit works fine for exactly the same amount of seconds before it shuts down. Full functionality is available until then so no fets blown. I have measured the bus voltage and for my 240v version it is on 415v dc. It remains steady until the micro shuts down the PWM controller on the dC side. I have tried re-flowing the micro, checked for dry joints, reseated the controller card. It really does seem to be a firmware issue. The fact that temperature and other factors never change the time it takes to turn off to the exact second. Sorry i dont have a solution, the reseller was not helpful to me in any way either when i tried to get firmware to re-flash or even a whole new control board.

Anyhow, no not repairable at this stage as it doesn't appear to be hardware related, however there may be some input case to the micro I am not seeing.
Jason

Hello,

I have also problem with this iSolar SMV 3kVA (software U1 09 53).

Sometimes inverter don't want to start charging batteries (like in attached picture). Sometimes problem accure couple times per month, sometimes each day morning by week... I tried with different settings.

After inverter switch on/off/on or changing setting between utility/SBU - everything is OK. If I change any setting in inverter 1-2 hour before sun it is OK.

Configuration:
2x370W in parallel - direction for now is SW (second panel is catching the sun after 11:30)

All tests at full mornign sun (without any clouds)

With one panel (reset at 9:25):
1648066145530-png.88407

1648066242731.png

When two panels (reset at 8:45):
1648066560012.png
1648066593736.png

When it is OK:
1648066321207.png

1648066381678.png

Could it be related with PV voltage from panel ? or software issue ?

Attachments

• 1648066145530.png
    1648066145530.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Back