diy solar

diy solar

Inverter Kicking Off

Those and a couple others people rate highly.
Three I’ve used from the lower shelves- all pure sine wave- are Giandel, QZRELB, and currently use MPP AIO.

They work if you are not willing to spend more for more quality.
Or can not afford more. I ran into an interesting thing testing one of my Renogy 12.8 / 100 AH LiFePO batteries today and I wonder if its related to Gaberille's issue. I had a 1000 watt inverter running on the battery and put an oversized load to see what would happen. Turns out the battery BMS shut it down and it required minutes to reset.

Last edited:
I had the same issue with my inverter shutting down every few hours on my freezer.
Mine turned out to be a slightly bad negative battery connection on lead acid . Afterwards I thought it was the same thing that happened to my car when trying to start, too much load for a loose connection

Wouldn't it be simpler troubleshooting to get a different fridge?
Converting a unit to something it wasn't built for ( and having it not work 'right') is every engineer's nightmare.
Just like the battery diy section here, that is 50% of threads.
Buy decent parts, use as intended.
The fridge diy seems the obvious 1st step.
PS: I've hijacked threads too. Sorry

My samlex 600/ 1000 w Sok 206 runs 5cf ac HomeDepot fridge/ freezer fine.
It had a habit of kicking inverter off 'intermittently'.
Upped scc charging voltage by .2.
Never shut off since.
Just an observation.

Wouldn't it be simpler troubleshooting to get a different fridge?
Converting a unit to something it wasn't built for ( and having it not work 'right') is every engineer's nightmare.
Just like the battery diy section here, that is 50% of threads.
Buy decent parts, use as intended.
The fridge diy seems the obvious 1st step.
PS: I've hijacked threads too. Sorry
Well I can see what you mean there.. but I disconnected the temp control because I found that the freezer actually has a lower temp setting to run like a fridge. So, it's operating as intended but still kicking off the inverter every so often. I figure now the problem is either that I need more battery (only have 100 amp Sok) or the inverter replaced. This inverter drives me crazy with a loud fan at anything over 100 watts anyway, so going to purchase a giandel and see if it makes a difference.
Different fridge doesn't seem like it would help in this case

Replaced GoWISE 1000 watt with 1500watt giandel inverter .. and setup works for the fridge!!!

It's not kicking off, no buzzing. Also, sounds much better. The gowise had a constant buzz to it's operation that just got me irritable. Got the Giandel used off their site for the same price as the GoWISE basically. Anyway- finally! Guess the fridge does jump way up there for a moment.

Back