diy solar

diy solar

Inverter life expectancy.

I also have two of the same LV6548's that have been flawless. That being said, I am anxiously awaiting the LVX6048WP inverters, as they are low frequency, and are outdoor rated. I believe 100lb each.
Someone on here has 2 and he's already having major issues.

Are you using the Schneider to convert your Fronius GT inverter into a hybrid system with battery backup?
Yes. That is precisely what I'm doing. AC coupling the Schneider and the Fronius at the critical loads breaker panel (which was already a part of our system prior to adding solar). ~16KWh of lithium batteries.

Installed my first solar system in 2011 - Grid Tied Schneider XW6048 w/ Midnite Solar E-Panel, roof monted 5.6kw LG panels, 2-Schneider MPPT60-150 solar charge controllers, 256ah Concorde AGM batteries, 14KW Genset backup power - absolutely no problems in all of that time!

Will be adding a 4kw tiltable ground array, with a third MPPT60-150 SCC this year. Will also change out the Concordes for a 20kwh rack mount lithium battery pack.

I hope the XW continues it's flawless operation!

Current system:
sweet looking

MUST EP3000 Plus inverter (6kW Low Frequency, EU, 240V/50Hz) - been using it over a year now, including stress testing. No issues. None the less, I have a spare power and control board so if something ever pops, I just replace the boards. It's a low frequency inverter, so the main thing in the inverter is a huge copper coil, the rest are relatively simple (and serviceable) electronics, so repairing it when it breaks isn't too hard either (and yes, I checked the main components and they're all available on Mouser and the like).
Please I would love to ask if it possible to differentiate a genuine MUST EP3000 PLUS from a fake. I intend getting one (attached picture and spec) but what the spec say is not same as the MUST website. Can anyone confirm if it original or a fake as it says 7000w instead of 6000w

Attachments

• IMG-20230713-WA0014.jpg
    IMG-20230713-WA0014.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG-20230713-WA0015.jpg
    IMG-20230713-WA0015.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG-20230713-WA0016.jpg
    IMG-20230713-WA0016.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG-20230713-WA0017.jpg
    IMG-20230713-WA0017.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 9
Trace DR 1524 lasted me 22 years. Was still going strong when I sold it last year.

Thanks guys I am relieved now
Update, I finally got the must EP3000 plus inverter the new model. Surprisingly the actual rating on the toroidal transformer is 5000w not even 6kw because the AC charging current is 35A max. the annoying thing i noticed is the cooling fans are running too high and noisy even at idle state and does change much when loaded. Please is there any way the fans speed can be adjusted to only increase when loaded.

This Growatt 6000T 6K inverter looks very heavy duty ; it's 105 lbs and is low frequency with a solid copper transformer.

https://watts247.com/product/spf-6000t-mpv-dvm/

It costs less than the LV6548 and weighs twice as much. Looks like it should hold up well. What am I missing ?

2 years later and theirs this:

"Growatt 48V 6000T 6kW MPV (250V Solar Input) We no longer support this model due to potential Autotransformer issues feeding back to Utility."​

Some of us were wondering about inverters with built-in autotransformer. This confirms our concerns.

"Description

We no longer sell any units MPP/ Growatt or any other brand having (built in) or requiring an Auto Transformer on the output, If the inverter is in bypass mode, any Grid Imbalances will be fed through the inverter Auto Transformer
In some cases up to 60A has been seen
Even worse when more auto transformers are put in parallel, with some models."

I think it could have been made to work with switching of neutral. Pass through neutral from utility when on-grid. Isolate from utility neutral (use a 3-pole relay), bond neutral to ground (make that a 3PDT relay) and derive neutral with auto-transformer when off-grid.

If transformer isn't large enough for entire inverter output, have to also monitor neutral current and disconnect everything in case of overload.

The Victron autotransformer seemed to check most of these boxes, but if I recall correctly it could still try to rebalance the grid. I might rewire it if I used it.

Magnum MS4448PAE Brought online in 2008 and running near non stop since then. Fed by 48V Hydro power pelton wheel from Kansas Wind Power. Storage is 48 x 6V FLA batteries. Will be upgrading to larger Victron setup with Trophy battery and adding solar in the next 12months hopefully.

Back