diy solar

diy solar

Inverter location - Close to fuse box or grid tie-in?

LKnicely

Hello,
I will be purchasing my first 13Kw 48v solar inverter (SunGold Power Split Phase) for my home that is currently connected to the grid. I was curious where would be the best location to mount my setup in the house. I am wanting to use it in conjunction with grid power, so I am wondering if it needs to be as close as possible to my AC fuse box.

Thanks

as close as possible to your battery bank. DC is low voltage (even 48 is low) so amperage is higher and you get higher losses in the lines, so you want DC cables as short as possible. ideally would be if your service panel was in an attached garage and you installed your battery bank and inverter right beside it. Other wise inverter goes close to batteries.

as close as possible to your battery bank. DC is low voltage (even 48 is low) so amperage is higher and you get higher losses in the lines, so you want DC cables as short as possible. ideally would be if your service panel was in an attached garage and you installed your battery bank and inverter right beside it. Other wise inverter goes close to batteries.
This particular model can run "batteryless", so that is why I was curious about needing it close to the AC fuse box or if it would matter. https://sungoldpower.com/collection...olar-charge-inverter-split-phase-wifi-monitor
I see what you mean about being close to the battery bank if it wasn't able to run "batteryless".

Thanks

There was a message in Ken’s reply above that you should pay attention to. A 13KW system operating at 48VDC will require an enormous current, possibly over 200 amperes DC depending on your panels and sun. Not only will that require very large wire, it will require the wire be installed in metal tubing (conduit).

There was a message in Ken’s reply above that you should pay attention to. A 13KW system operating at 48VDC will require an enormous current, possibly over 200 amperes DC depending on your panels and sun. Not only will that require very large wire, it will require the wire be installed in metal tubing (conduit).
Maybe I am deciphering this info wrong... sorry, I am new to this.
1655996162295.png

Back