diy solar

diy solar

Inverter reading battery level wrong

chariotman

Kinda explained in the title. It reads it wrong, but in terms of charging it, it works fine, doesn't stop early or anything. It's a 24v lifepower4 200ah battery and a pip 2724lv-mr 24v inverter. I've tried turning off both completely and reconnecting but i'm not sure what to do beside that. I'm reading through the manual for the inverter now hoping to find an answer. also what settings should I change on the inverter?

Kinda explained in the title. It reads it wrong, but in terms of charging it, it works fine, doesn't stop early or anything. It's a 24v lifepower4 200ah battery and a pip 2724lv-mr 24v inverter. I've tried turning off both completely and reconnecting but i'm not sure what to do beside that. I'm reading through the manual for the inverter now hoping to find an answer. also what settings should I change on the inverter?
I don’t believe this type of inverter uses a shunt in which case the inverter is basically making a guess at your battery charge level (a very poor one at that. Is there any communication between the battery and the inverter?

Back