diy solar

diy solar

Inverter saying over current

That appears to be way over voltage. Something may not be set right. I suggest reviewing controller settings and checking the actual voltage with a multi-meter.

Is the inverter showing over volt or over current? What is it powering?

Is it getting too high of input voltage? Or is it showing over-current from AC draw?

If it's voltage, and your SCC is set to default or full boost voltage of 3.65Vpc, that's 29.2 volts. It's not unheard of for these controllers to over-volt, unless you set the 'maximum' voltage as an upper limit. Frankly I think that is too high for lifepo, I would set boost to 28.4, or even 27.6 with a longer duration to give the charger time to trickle your batteries at a lower charge voltage to reach full charge.

In my experience the SCC always reads higher than the batteries since they measure the system voltage with their charge current on top. If the inverter has a maximum voltage of 30V, it would well be reaching that. Set your charge voltage a little less, and/or your inverter for a little more, and run it, see if you still get an error.

Still curious about what gets powered with a 6kW inverter. Holy cow.
Yes I will try dropping the SOC voltage that's my suspicion , the 6kw inverter is for a mobile dog grooming vehicle so it runs big dryers, A/C clippers etc

Yes I will try dropping the SOC voltage that's my suspicion , the 6kw inverter is for a mobile dog grooming vehicle so it runs big dryers, A/C clippers etc
Before you change anything, start with checking the voltage at the battery and reviewing the settings of the controller. If the settings are right, then lowering them isn't the solution. You need to identify what the actual problem is. For all we know, the inverter could be reading the voltage wrong. What brand and model SCC are you using?

Before you change anything, start with checking the voltage at the battery and reviewing the settings of the controller. If the settings are right, then lowering them isn't the solution. You need to identify what the actual problem is. For all we know, the inverter could be reading the voltage wrong. What brand and model SCC are you using?
This is the SCC

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220414-183637_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220414-183637_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 2
start with checking the voltage at the battery and reviewing the settings of the controller
Even bad connection issues.
I fried several weeks paycheck in my boat due to a bad ground once. Expensive 12V electronics don’t like 21V inputs. And they stop working forever without even blowing the fuse.

12voltinstalla brings up an excellent point. Check all your connections. Make sure they're tight and corrosion-free. If you have a DMM, you can use it to check for high resistance. Check your chassis ground. I would be willing to bet youre going to find something loose or corroded somewhere.

Also make sure the charge controller is in lithium mode and that if it has an equalize stage, that is disabled.

I search the forum for Renogy output Voltage too high issue, I wonder you may have the same problem.
Do you get high Voltage alarm from Renogy too?

Back