diy solar

diy solar

Inverter University???

WattAboutThat

I am extremely new (to solar and to using a forum), and this is my first question, so I apologize for my mistakes in advance:

My Question:

I am trying to educate myself on as many brands of inverters and models within brands, so that I can make an informed investment.

I am finding it hard to get detailed info on any particular brand, and within a brand on any particular model, which makes it extremely hard to compare options.

My current default choices are leaning toward Growatt 5000es or MPP Solar, but it is more from a lack of info.

Are there any good comparisons
that distinguish brands and models,
reliability, warranty, etc.???

Thank you

Also to factor in, Interoperability.. BMS communication protocol and compatibility with your inverter's communication protocol in order to interoperate and provide SoC information to your inverter.

Some hardware/software solution like 'Solar Assistant' (on a middleman Raspberry Pi) can help to bridge the gap between Inverter and BMS, but I would maybe prefer to find BMS that inverter can natively communicate with. Solar Assistant can talk to many brand BMSs and also to many brand inverters and bring information from BMS to inverter.

Examples:
-MPP support Pylontech brand battery and a couple others, but people have found Seplos BMS also natively works with MPP
-EG4/GYLL supports communication with Growatt inverters
-Numerous other examples

Back