diy solar

diy solar

Inverter With SUB function

The "well designed" Victron works in the same way :D

View attachment 94429

Also every inverter needs power to run itself.
Like your TV does. If you do not need it, shut it down

There is no "other manufacturer" who can do it with 0W self consumption :ROFLMAO:
there is other manufacturer, i didn't say 0w, but they have done it for much less consumption. poor design for poor growatt

there is other manufacturer, i didn't say 0w, but they have done it for much less consumption. poor design for poor growatt

Not really.
There are some inverters that have less self consumption. Like small stupid ali inverters and car inverters.
But this is more like the result of missing protections.
Like no galvanic isolation from battery to AC.
So your battery's terminals can have lethal AC current present.

Hello Friends,

I live in Lebanon where electricity is basically inexistent ! My brother bought Growatt SPF 5000 ES (mppt range starts at 120v), it comes with a very nice option SUB, where the utility will provide the rest of your consumption if solar is not enough. Following my brother good experience with solar energy I bought growatt spf 3000tl hvm-24. I didn't get the new model (like my brother) since I have very limited space for solar panels and the mppt range of model that I bought the starts from 30v.
I did a lot of research and I couldn't find any inverter with sub option with low range mppt voltage. I was wondering if somebody can help me out by pointing to a brand that have these 2 qualities. Choices are somehow limited in Lebanon, we have the brands growatt, must, sako, sorotec and of course unknown chinese brands). Also another thing I didn't like about growatt spf 3000tl that if my batteries are full or near full, the energy provided from solar panel will be low so the battery will contribute to the load and discharge even if the is a lot of sun outside, the only way to fully benefit from solar is to put a big load on the inverter, so solar will kick in fully.

Thank you,
Regards,
SK
Not sure if you have found a solution. MPP Solar PIP4024MT starts at 60v PV, and has the SUB mode. I just ordered one, 230v and awaiting delivery.

Back