diy solar

diy solar

Inverters with quiet fans?

Stribo

I just bought an 8ZED 24v 1000w inverter. I'm probably pulling about 400 watts maximum at any given time. The fans kick on about every 10 to 15 minutes at a noise level a can only compare to a F14 at full throttle! well maybe a little exaggerated lol But you get what i mean. I can't understand why these manufacturers don't have variable fans that gradually come on when needed like a PC graphics card or CPU fan does.
I emailed their tech support about it and have had no reply for over a week. So i have lost confidence in them (WallCann) as a company. Also when i receive the inverter the battery cables where like 6mm. When i rang tech support the guy had no clue and just brushed me off. It cost me $435 dollar AU. I guess i've done my money and it will be put in my back up box when i get a new one that doesn't sound like a fighter jet flying through my cabin.
I have a 12v system with a Renogy 2000w inverter that is on 24/7 and i haven't heard the fans once. If they had 24v ones i would buy one without question.

I have searched the internet far and wide and watched plenty of reviews but hardly anyone mentions fan noise...

So the question is. Is there an inverter i can buy that is quiet or at least have automatic variable fan speed ?

I have been using Go Power inverters lately and the fan seems quiet to me. May not even come on at 40% power.
(sorry missed the AU)

Last edited:
I have been using Go Power inverters lately and the fan seems quiet to me. May not even come on at 40% power.
Can't find one for Australian plugs and voltage. Or any outlets that sell them here. They do look the goods though.

Look for AXIAL FANS which look similar to those small PC cooling fans but they use sealed Ball Bearings and not roller sleeve bearings, many come with PWW controls for variable speed usage (requires the extra connection as usual) but can be used without. They cost a bit more than a PC Fan but not much. You will have to buy through an Electronics Supplier to get Good Quality genuine Axial Fans. Look at the label on the current fan to get the Voltage & Amps it uses as you want to match that & sizing too.

*NB: Some of these are Aluminum and not plastic/nylon. If it is, consider a thin rubber cushion between the fan and Inverter casing for sound/vibration reduction.

One supplier below as an example.

Another to peruse:

They list the DB & CFM Ratings and watch the descriptions.

Good Luck, have fun

I have searched the internet far and wide and watched plenty of reviews but hardly anyone mentions fan noise...
8ZED does: "This highly efficient quiet running, robust and reliable 24V to AC power converter connects standard Australian 3 pin electrical devices of up to 1000 Watts from a 12 volt Power Source.".....their proof reader seems to be as good as their fans!!

Kogan cycles through inverters from various makers- they have this one :

Elinz Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter 1500W/3000W 24V-240V AUS Plug Remote Control​

@ $259

Not a recommendation as I don't own one but did buy a 1500w/12v Giantz @ $182 from there in December and no problems.

As Steve said , either that or sell it at a loss and get something else

8ZED does: "This highly efficient quiet running, robust and reliable 24V to AC power converter connects standard Australian 3 pin electrical devices of up to 1000 Watts from a 12 volt Power Source.".....their proof reader seems to be as good as their fans!!

Kogan cycles through inverters from various makers- they have this one :

Elinz Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter 1500W/3000W 24V-240V AUS Plug Remote Control​

@ $259

Not a recommendation as I don't own one but did buy a 1500w/12v Giantz @ $182 from there in December and no problems.
"Quiet running " lol . I do have a 12v Giantz in my back up box that i used for 12 months with no problems at all. Only swapped it out because the Renogy has AC priority. I'm thinking the larger one for my 24v system. Suits my budget too.

Back