diy solar

diy solar

Invertor lights problem

Linzilou

Hi just been advised to find you all so hi I’m linz, I have an hp compact 2800-12 invertor, was away for 3 month just returned to find the batteries not charging but was told the weather has been horrible maybe they hadn’t fully charged? I used the generator for a couple of days to charge them and they started charging up fully from the sun, today same problem the only lights on are the program and the first of the battery charging lights, and the program aux light please see attached pic,my partner is still in hospital so I didn’t want to worry him,but I’m not really knowledgeable about this system, I just feel like I’m missing something glaringly obvious,thanks so much in advance if anyone can point me in the right direction? (Even if it is just getting someone up to it) ?7C3813C3-6A4D-43E9-A0DE-A0D3780C81F7.jpeg

The manual can be found here https://www.steca.com/frontend/stan...396_0x0x0x0x0_Steca_HPC_instruction_EN_DE.pdf

You didn't specify what type of battery you have, that makes a huge difference as lead acid doesn't have a BMS but lithium types do. I would starting checking with a voltmeter at the battery first then ensure the inverter is getting the power from the batteries. This could be deep discharge protection was triggered in the inverter and you need to reset it according to the manual.

Thank you so much for your reply I’ll find out about the batteries, also thanks for the manual ?

Back