diy solar

diy solar

iPad instead of Victron GX Touch

It's a victron app you install on the ipad. It doesn't mirror the display, but otherwise lets you control the Cerbo.
I have several Vic pieces now I use the phone or iPad to control and watch…I’m not entirely sure yet how to ask the question so I guess I will explore more when I get the cerbo device …I like how all the Vic stuff interacts with each at this point . I just hope I can mount a larger display on-site and get acess over the internet when away on iphone ….thanks guys…J.

For IOS there is a specific VRM app from Victron. If you install this and make the correct settings on the Cerbo/VenusOS you can duplicate the Cerbo screen (remote Consol) in the VRM app And duplicate the screen this way. It works great, the only disadvantage to work headless on a Cerbo or RPI(VenusOS) is when there is no network/Ethernet/internet then you can’t connect to the device. Therefore I still like my RaspberryPI with the screen so I can always look at the status without opening a phone.
This is my RPI with a standard screen and running Venus OS in the camper/RV/Mobile Home

IMG_6822.jpeg

I have the touch50 and using an iPad or android vrm app has more features. The touch does look a bit better and the data is a bit more real-time which is nice as I can see the solar change when going under a bridge (on rv)

Back