diy solar

diy solar

Ironridge Purchasing

dmkjr

Solar Enthusiast
Anyone have a good source for IronRidge mounting? I live on the east coast (South Carolina) and the shipping options from some of these websites for a few rails is absolutely ridiculous. $750 shipping for a $400 purchase of rails is absurd.

Thanks in advance!

Try Renvu.com

You can also try any of your local industrial electrical supply houses. My original solar system order was shipped from California to Michigan, but when I added onto my system a couple years later, I was able to source the rails from a local electrical supply place.

Maybe call up Ironridge and ask them if they have any distributors in your area?

Anyone have a good source for IronRidge mounting? I live on the east coast (South Carolina) and the shipping options from some of these websites for a few rails is absolutely ridiculous. $750 shipping for a $400 purchase of rails is absurd.

Thanks in advance!
I purchased my IronRidge from altE ( https://www.altestore.com/search/?w=&x=0&y=0&w=IronRidge ) and Mindite Classics and some other stuff over the last 5 years - and they seem 100% legit to me.

They are East Coast so maybe shipping would be less?
330 Codman Hill Road
Boxborough, MA 01719

In my experience with IronRidge and Panels and Inverters etc that require freight type shipping, it's about 30%-50% less if you are geographically on the same side of the country. I'm in Southern Oregon so I tend to look for California or Washington state inventory. It used to be ~$600 from East Coast to Oregon and ~$300 from West Coast to Oregon.

Another trick - it's things longer than 10ft that make them "freight" as apposed to (much cheaper) UPS or FedEx. After my initial install, I needed a few more rails of IronRidge and found a source (ebay? - I don't remember) that would cut them to be <10ft for cheap shipping and I used splicers. Rails aren't heavy like 10 x panels etc. So if you just need a couple of rails - maybe find someone willing to cut them for UPS and use splicers?

Last edited:

Thanks in advance!
CED Greentech stocks around here in MO. If I get an order in by noon it's delivered to shop the next day by 10 AM, no delivery charges. In most regions they only do business with licensed electricians but others have mentioned they have been able to purchase without a license and other business credentials.

CED Greentech stocks around here in MO. If I get an order in by noon it's delivered to shop the next day by 10 AM, no delivery charges. In most regions they only do business with licensed electricians but others have mentioned they have been able to purchase without a license and other business credentials.
Yep, lic hvac but not req.

+1 for ordering 7 foot if it has to be UPS. The extra splices and cuts might be an OK price to pay. Probably won't be that annoying either to figure out how to stay within the engineering limits for span and cantilever given how strong IronRidge is

I'm picking up something from CED this week in the Bay Area, and they didn't ask for my license / biz credentials. I think as long as you talk like a contractor it's fine. I'm a new customer, so not like the other folks on forum that have been buying from them since before they decided they were too cool for DIY.

Did you call around local supply houses? My electrical supply house actually told me to call CED. Surely the installers in your area are getting rack from somewhere (though maybe IronRidge is not stocked locally because it's a cadillac tier product)

Back