diy solar

diy solar

Ironworks Battery-Any Info?

Ed Tech Sensei

I should have asked before purchasing, but oh well. I bought an IronWorks LiFePO4 12.8V- 44.7 Amp Hours w/BMS battery on Ebay. Upon arrival my multimeter showed 12.8V but that's all I've done so far. My research found the battery was introduced in 2011 by a company called Micro Power for use in medical equipment. Micro Power was bought out by Electro Chem but I don't know the year.

The battery has probably lost it's full capacity but that's OK for my application. Even at 80% it should still last longer than the AGM battery I need to replace plus there is considerably less weight.

Also, there is a communication port on the battery but I don't know the purpose.

Attachments

• ironworks port.JPG
    ironworks port.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 13
  • ironworks listing.JPG
    ironworks listing.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 16
I have 10 if them and so far only 1 has died on me, it dropped to 0 volts and wont hold a charge anymore. I got them off a company that rebuilds medical carts. As Iron works are not made anymore they were changing them out for Valance.

I have 10 if them and so far only 1 has died on me, it dropped to 0 volts and wont hold a charge anymore. I got them off a company that rebuilds medical carts. As Iron works are not made anymore they were changing them out for Valance.
Thanks for the info. I couldn't find anything recent.

I bought one cell just to play with. When the battery arrived it was at 12.8v and I charged it to 13.2v. I connected it to an inverter and it powered a small fan just fine. Then I realized the Ironworks fit in the battery box of my electric wheelchair so I bought another battery. It charged up to 13.2. I haven't tried them out in the wheelchair yet. I sure hope they work.

Back