diy solar

diy solar

Ironworks Medical Cart Batteries

I had 2 12v in series to make 24v, once 12v died and the other was pumping very high amps into the other to get its volts up. They ehated up the wires and BMS and almost started a fire.
Do you think these batteries should only be run single, or would it be safe to run in 12v parallel? I have a bunch of these.

I have run two in parallel, no problem. The BMS is limited to a 30 amp discharge with two in parallel I was unable to run a 600 watt Inverter though it seems like I should be able to.

Did the other member state why the Ironworks batteries should not be used in a 24v system? I have an extra set of Ironworks batteries I would like to add to my 24v system. I'm using a Giandel 2000/4000w PSW inverter with two 12v BatteryEvo's in series.
I have 4 of these batteries in a solar wall at 24 volts. You can take the top off and it is just full of 3.2 volt batteries with a BMS on top. You have to take that BMS off as it won't work. I used Daly BMS and combined 2 batteries in series with the new BMS for 24 volts 8S
It has been working with no issues for several months. You can email me if you need to and I could send photos
droneted@gmail.com

I have 4 of these batteries in a solar wall at 24 volts. You can take the top off and it is just full of 3.2 volt batteries with a BMS on top. You have to take that BMS off as it won't work. I used Daly BMS and combined 2 batteries in series with the new BMS for 24 volts 8S
It has been working with no issues for several months. You can email me if you need to and I could send photos
droneted@gmail.com
Thanks for your post. Sending you a message. I'd like to see pics.

Randy

droneted@gmail.com
Do you think you could share the pics with the forum? Replacing the BMS on that battery with the Daly is really useful information. I myself have one dead Ironworks battery, and I want to rejuvinate it.

droneted@gmail.com
i'm very curious to see how you did this. i have 2 of these batteries i got for free, and im gonna be putting them in parallel, but wish i could put them in series cuz the price of doing everything with the higher amperage is really hurting my wallet lol

I have run two in parallel, no problem. The BMS is limited to a 30 amp discharge with two in parallel I was unable to run a 600 watt Inverter though it seems like I should be able to.
hey, i know your comment is from just over a year ago, but im curious if over time you ever ended up running into any problems with them in parallel?
i'm getting ready to do the same thing for a setup in my SUV, and i don't wanna have any problems while driving down the highway, or sleeping 2 feet away from them lol

Back