diy solar

diy solar

is 5 more years extended warranty on lifepo4 worth the $250 cost?

markyyork

looking at a glly rebranded to eg4.

48V 100AH LiFePower4 Battery by EG4​

it comes with a pro-rated 5 year warranty...reduced by 1/4 every year. They offer a 10 year prorated warranty for $250 that reduces by 1/9 every year.

Rated at 7000 80% deep cycles...my math says that comes to 20 years if I drain it every day...not planning on doing that until maybe TEOTWAWKI....hopefully I'll have plenty more batts before then and will never need to drain them much.

the more expensive deal also comes with an LCD screen on the battery showing...stuff...for lack of more technical term...here's a pic. Other than the screen, the units have identical specs.
1637351117459.png

Does anyone think the additional $250 for 5 more years and a screen is a good deal? BTW, both units have ports to view stats on computer...and you can get a wifi dongle for $33...I think that's a good deal but want yalls' opinion on the wifi as well.

Thanks!

Funny you asked this...I pondered for awhile as to WHY the almost-the-same battery cost $250 more, [from 1500 to 1750] a 16% increase, but double your warranty, a 100 % increase. Yes, first of all it depends on how you feel about warranties, but it seems to me the differences in the batteries are enough that they feel confident to double the warranty. I say it's worth the money.

looking at a glly rebranded to eg4.

48V 100AH LiFePower4 Battery by EG4​

it comes with a pro-rated 5 year warranty...reduced by 1/4 every year. They offer a 10 year prorated warranty for $250 that reduces by 1/9 every year.

Rated at 7000 80% deep cycles...my math says that comes to 20 years if I drain it every day...not planning on doing that until maybe TEOTWAWKI....hopefully I'll have plenty more batts before then and will never need to drain them much.

the more expensive deal also comes with an LCD screen on the battery showing...stuff...for lack of more technical term...here's a pic. Other than the screen, the units have identical specs.
View attachment 72854

Does anyone think the additional $250 for 5 more years and a screen is a good deal? BTW, both units have ports to view stats on computer...and you can get a wifi dongle for $33...I think that's a good deal but want yalls' opinion on the wifi as well.

Thanks!
just a question how old are you.. me at 65 a 10 year warranty will last me a life time. and how about you if you are young and will be using it longer maybe yes or save that money and pool up enough to buy a extra battery bank one. this one i am looking at
The EG4 BMS is a 15 YR design life, if anything happens we have replacement/spare BMS available.

I spent the extra $250 and went with the Extra Warranty and LCD. At this point in time I do not see Large Solar distributors going out of business anytime soon. My feeling is that Solar sales are going to keep going up as we move away from fossil fuels.

Back