diy solar

diy solar

Is a breaker needed on the AC out side of a pair of Growatt 3000 AIO's in parallel single phase? What size?

farok

Background -- I'm planning to install two Growatt 3000TL LVM-ES all-in-ones in parallel single phase, and will be running the AC outputs into a residential load center. The manual says nothing about using a breaker on the AC Out when wired like this, but rather only on the AC In.

Is there a need to run the AC outs to breakers on the load center, or am I fine simply connecting the outputs to the main lugs on the load center (and jumper between them to get the parallel output)? If breakers are required, it sounds like I would need either 2x 30-amp breakers (with the legs jumped somewhere in the load center) or a 1-pole 60-amp breaker (assuming the two inverter hots are joined somewhere between the inverters and the load center). I'm thinking the former (2x 30-amp breakers) is the better option so that each wire from each inverter is protected (regardless of any AC out breaker that may exist on each inverter), and I can still shut down the inverters' outputs (one at a time or both) at the load center if I need to. Thoughts? If there really is no need, I could wire to the main lugs in the load center, but I'm hesitant of having the wires without any sort of breaker other than what's possibly in the all-in-one.

To save space, could a 30-amp tandem breaker in one slot work, assuming the two legs are still jumped somewhere in the load center?

Whatever I use to jump the legs should be able to handle the full 50 amps that the inverters can throw out, so in theory 8 AWG should be fine for that short a wire, but 6 AWG would probably be a safer bet. Agreed?

Thanks again,
Chris

Back