diy solar

diy solar

Is Daly 8s lifepo4 voltage configurable?

v0ltage

I’ve got a bunch of Leaf modules that I’m wanting to set up in 8s for a nominal 24v off grid system.
I’m liking the Daly bms, but alibaba lists the 8s as a lifepo4, not li-ion. The lifepo4 bms lists the appropriate 3.65v, but is it configurable via phone app? Can it be changed to the 4.2v necessary for my Leaf modules?
Or would I be better off using a bms with more cell sense leads, such as the 10s? Can it be configured for fewer (8) cells?

Thanks!

I have the 8S Daly Smart BMS and I can adjust the values. This can be done via Bluetooth or USB cable using the the PC software. When I ordered my unit the vendor told me the both the 3.65 and 4.20 units are identical and just preconfigured with different thresholds. You need to adjust 4 fields. Those are cell high, cell low, total high and total low to switch chemistries. I believe it is good practice not to charge a cell to the absolute max, so my LifePo4 cells are set to 3.55 volts max which only has a small impact on capacity but will aid in longevity and safety.

This is only true for the SMART version, the standard versions are fixed set to match the chemistry.

I’ve got a bunch of Leaf modules that I’m wanting to set up in 8s for a nominal 24v off grid system.
I’m liking the Daly bms, but alibaba lists the 8s as a lifepo4, not li-ion. The lifepo4 bms lists the appropriate 3.65v, but is it configurable via phone app? Can it be changed to the 4.2v necessary for my Leaf modules?
Or would I be better off using a bms with more cell sense leads, such as the 10s? Can it be configured for fewer (8) cells?

Thanks!
They also make models specifically for Li-ion.

Back