diy solar

diy solar

Is Growatt safe enough to mount in the home?

I’m off grid , I use out back equipment it’s worked flawlessly for the last 3plus years .
my neighbor has a out back system that has been working since the early 90s
he has replaced battery’s and a more modern mppt charge controller
A lot of guys like the grow watt units but they where not available when I bought mine
Plus they have no ul listing so it would not fly here .

F323944A-FC48-48C5-99C1-914767AF1A2D.jpegmy system in in my utility room between the garage and house
I have the room double fire proof sheet rocked with steal door .
It’s not code here but the inspector liked it .

Pretty loud, after 1 year don't even notice it, it's 20' away on the other side of Pool table, single fan is ok, high load fan was a pain in the beginning.

Pretty loud, after 1 year don't even notice it, it's 20' away on the other side of Pool table, single fan is ok, high load fan was a pain in the beginning.
I think my only smart move is to put the system in an insulated shed away from the house. The ambient air temp here never exceeds the mid 90's at worst and we have only had frost here twice in the last twenty years. If I can figure out the right vent fan system I think it will be good to go to stay within the operating temps on all the components.

I had similar issue with keeping system in extremely hot shed. Was considering moving inside with me.

Was brought to my attention for many reasons, batt fumes..., was a bad idea. Instead, I took the advice to buy a cheap temp control with timer and cheap little fans off amazon. Works as person who suggested said had worked for her for years.
Hey anadiner, do you have any pictures of your fan setup and any links to parts? I need to do this with the shed I am putting my equipment in.

I wish I had all my solar approved , I mite have to add the rapped shut down
I had a talk with my inspector a few years ago but thing just keep getting crazier .
it is what it is , I hope I grandfather in to 2014 Nec ?
The permit for the house was pulled in 2014 I’ll have to start working on it

I had similar issue with keeping system in extremely hot shed. Was considering moving inside with me.

Was brought to my attention for many reasons, batt fumes..., was a bad idea. Instead, I took the advice to buy a cheap temp control with timer and cheap little fans off amazon. Works as person who suggested said had worked for her for years.
Or you could install a small Mini split in shed.
MR Cool 9k has no issue cooling 14x10 shed.

?

Just put mine in my house. Gutted a closet. Starting to get nervous about it tho. What u guys think?
put some of the braided cable protectors around your DC wiring-- the pipe clamps are not appropriate. Put a piece of acrylif over the top of the batteries to prevent anything from falling on the terminals (including dust). Put a smoke detector in the closet.
Don't overload it.

Back