diy solar

diy solar

Is it ok the distance between solar panels and inverter to be around 100ft /30 meter?

mahdi89

Is it ok the distance between solar panels and inverter to be around 100ft /30 meter?

deye inverter 2 mppt
each mppt arround 450v (8 panels series)

As long as you use the correct size wire to avoid too much voltage drop, in addition to handling the current, then you will be fine.

What is the Vmp and Imp of your panels?

Have you plugged those numbers, along with the wire distance, into a voltage drop calculator?

10AWG should easily handle the amperage if your panels are in 8S but you may be losing more voltage than you would with larger wire. But see what the calculator shows.

What is the Vmp and Imp of your panels?

Have you plugged those numbers, along with the wire distance, into a voltage drop calculator?

10AWG should easily handle the amperage if your panels are in 8S but you may be losing more voltage than you would with larger wire. But see what the calculator shows.
i still didnt receive my solar panels
thats why i am worried

vmp 41v
Imp 11A
voc 50v

FYI - With a Voc of 50V your panels in 8S will of course be 400V. Your limit is 450V. At about 3ºF/-16ºC your panels can get to 450Voc. If you live where such temperatures are possible, ever, then you may not want to put your panels in 8S.

where i am winter only for two month.. lowest temperature is 10C/50F

Back