diy solar

diy solar

Is it possible to use two autotransformers from different brands

myles

Autonomy Expert
Hello everyone, i've tried to search around for a few days but can't find the answer to this.

I have 3 growatt 5000es-us (from sig solar), and then another 5000es-us strictly for generator input to charge the batteries.

Then i have my victron 100A auto transformer, and i have a growatt auto transformer, Can i use both auto transformers to double my capacity and have some redudency, or can you only stack auto transformers of the same brand? If you could use both how would it be wired. And also I took this wiring diagram from another forum member who is offgrid, is 20A the max breaker size I can put into the 240V loads panel, that seems small considering the inverters in the manual call for a 50A breaker for each inverter.

And also, I will have the 3 growatts powering a 240v loads panel, which houses my well pump, mini split air conditioner, and septic pump, from there output to auto transformer(s), and to the 120v loads panel balanced as best as possible for the rest of the loads. this is a totally offgrid system, with propane for all the heat loads. biggest 120v loads are dishwasher, and blow dryer(s)

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Can i use both auto transformers to double my capacity and have some redudency, or can you only stack auto transformers of the same brand?
Yes, that's fine. Don't forget about overcurrent protection.
Follow the manufacturers recommendations for breaker sizes.

Thank you for the input. This is a bit of an ignorant question but how does one wire them together? Thanks!

Back