diy solar

diy solar

Is it possible..

Sandrat

Is it possible to just cut the MC4 connectors on my panels and hard wire them together in parallel and then into the charge controller? Doing a little desert engineering lol

Short answer: I'm tring to save myself a little money and hassle....

Because I have a busted female MC4 on one panel and I have a 100 mile drive into the little hole in the wall town IF they have them and I can afford them... I'd rather just wire them together myself if it can be done that way... Panel a to panel b positive and panel a to panel b negative then run a wire frim them to the proper + And - on the Controller sounds like it works in theory... I only need to get this running this way for a couple of months before I replace them all with new MC4 and Y connectors for the winter. I just need to know if the theory works

Short answer: I'm tring to save myself a little money and hassle....

Because I have a busted female MC4 on one panel and I have a 100 mile drive into the little hole in the wall town IF they have them and I can afford them... I'd rather just wire them together myself if it can be done that way... Panel a to panel b positive and panel a to panel b negative then run a wire frim them to the proper + And - on the Controller sounds like it works in theory... I only need to get this running this way for a couple of months before I replace them all with new MC4 and Y connectors for the winter. I just need to know if the theory works
I connected my 2kw array all hard wired series and parallel

Ha, wire nuts, fill with silicone, keep out of the sun and weather, good for who knows how long.

Back