diy solar

diy solar

Is there a list of commercially available BMS, compatible with Solar chargers/inverters (eg. Victron MultiPlus-II) and 16s LiFePO4 EVE 280 AH?

batbanki

I know about awesome Batrium BMS, but I am not sure if it is suitable for 280 Ah EVE LiFePo4 cells, because the balancing current of batrium is only 0.5A and rated energy delivery in only 6Ah /cell/day, which is only 6Ah /280 Ah 100 % = 2 %/day.
Is is realistic that these EVE 280 Ah LFP cells can deviate upon deep (80% or so) charge/discharge cycles by more than 6 Ah ?

Cheers.

I have Eve's and they stay balanced perfectly well with the daly dumb BMS. The biggest range I've seen is 20mv they were discharged around 50%.

I have Eve's and they stay balanced perfectly well with the daly dumb BMS. The biggest range I've seen is 20mv they were discharged around 50%.
Thank you for commenting on this. 20 mV imbalance seems quite little in terms of voltage, but I wonder how to estimate this in terms of energy, Ah?

How are you determining that the cells are 6Ah different?
How are you determining your "deep (80% or so) states of charge? Shunt? Voltage?
I am not determining the 6 Ah difference in cells. Batrium BMS provides 6 Ah/day/cell balancing energy.
80 % depth discharge I believe will be detected by Batrium's B<MS through shunt resiistance and communicated to Victron to act upon ON/OFF state.

No experience with EVE cells, but for the LiFePO4 cells i have used, a 100ma/100Ah balancer is fine.

More importantly is the ability of the BMS to reduce charge current while balancing, and stop charging if the balancers get too hot.

Not an exhaustive list, but i have seen the following BMS used that have comms with SMA (and Victron or similar)

BATRIUM
REC
ORION
EMUS
SEPLOS
TAO
(also ZEVA which is no longer produced)

The heltec/jdb smart bms's are up to 2 amp active balancing. I use them on my Lishen 272's, and CATL 280's, and it keeps the delta at about .008v consistently.
I just bought 2 200amp seplos BMS, so I have 2 brand new HELTEC 200amp BMS still in their boxes if you are interested. I paid $215 plus shipping each.

No experience with EVE cells, but for the LiFePO4 cells i have used, a 100ma/100Ah balancer is fine.

More importantly is the ability of the BMS to reduce charge current while balancing, and stop charging if the balancers get too hot.

Not an exhaustive list, but i have seen the following BMS used that have comms with SMA (and Victron or similar)

BATRIUM
REC
ORION
EMUS
SEPLOS
TAO
(also ZEVA which is no longer produced)
You're forgetting Steward pittaway's DIYBMS

Back