diy solar

diy solar

Is this a LF inverter?

73powerstroke

Solar Enthusiast
This is a cyberpower 1500pfclcd 900w ups. Ran my 6000btu on it. Showed 70% load, 10ga wires were warm. It's 24v. I was surprised it ran that ac unit w 900w. That ac is 715w running, 6.3amps at 120v. To handle that startup is got me wondering ? the big transformer might just be the charger part. 20220712_001958.jpg20220712_001951.jpg20220711_201510.jpg

It is LF Sine wave inverter, 1500VA/900W, the unit is not made to run full load for a long period of time in battery mode, it is made to run long enough till batteries run down without over heating.
The charger circuit is the yellow transformer (SMPS) to the right of the 3 fuses on the main PCB.
Notes: the company I used to work for have Cyberpower produce custom made UPS for us, common failure are the lytics caps for the charger circuit go bad.

It is LF Sine wave inverter, 1500VA/900W, the unit is not made to run full load for a long period of time in battery mode, it is made to run long enough till batteries run down without over heating.
The charger circuit is the yellow transformer (SMPS) to the right of the 3 fuses on the main PCB.
Notes: the company I used to work for have Cyberpower produce custom made UPS for us, common failure are the lytics caps for the charger circuit go bad.
Mine is a older version of that. Different face. But probably same. The battery sense circuit is wacky. It had 2 bad batteries and said 100% 175min stand by time. Unplug it and died 30 seconds later.
I hooked the 10ga wires directly to my batteries and ran the ac unit no problem but wires were getting somewhat warm drawing 35 amps or so. The unit its self said 70%load. I guess it can't really be used as a inverter to power anything long term ?

I am always looking for cheap UPS’s for powering small loads like a CPAP or oxygen generator. I do not know the amp draw of either. I plan to donate them to senior citizens for backup power.

However they have to be both pure sine, and allow extended runtime by replacing the internal batteries. Does the 1500pfclcd do both?

The APC XL units are perfect but are getting harder to find. The newer APC units will ignore battery voltage and shutdown on a APC preprogrammed setting. Learned the latter the hard way: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/testing-an-apc-600w-ups-by-powering-my-fridge.12092/

Attachments

• UPS HF.jpg
    UPS HF.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 4
I am always looking for cheap UPS’s for powering small loads like a CPAP or oxygen generator. I do not know the amp draw of either. I plan to donate them to senior citizens for backup power.

However they have to be both pure sine, and allow extended runtime by replacing the internal batteries. Does the 1500pfclcd do both?

The APC XL units are perfect but are getting harder to find. The newer APC units will ignore battery voltage and shutdown on a APC preprogrammed setting. Learned the latter the hard way: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/testing-an-apc-600w-ups-by-powering-my-fridge.12092/
I'm not sure. I've run the ac 5000btu unit off it but wires are warm. It's not designed to have bigger batteries

Back