diy solar

diy solar

Is this correct?

bones1

"It depends.

If it is a single inverter that does dynamic NG bonding, then no; you should not remove the screw.
If it is stacked with more than one inverter then Yes, you should remove the screw on all but one of them."
I have two EG4 inverters which are feeding a transfer switch that is in the main panel in the house where neutral and ground are of course bonded. Both inverter internal bonding screws are removed and the neutral, ground, and L1, and L2 from the inverters are kept separate and run directly to the xfer switch in the main panel. I have no AC input at this time. I followed Will and Ian's advice about removing the screws. Is this done correctly?

"It depends.

If it is a single inverter that does dynamic NG bonding, then no; you should not remove the screw.

AND there is no other N-G bond anywhere in the system.

If it is stacked with more than one inverter then Yes, you should remove the screw on all but one of them."

I have two EG4 inverters which are feeding a transfer switch that is in the main panel in the house where neutral and ground are of course bonded. Both inverter internal bonding screws are removed and the neutral, ground, and L1, and L2 from the inverters are kept separate and run directly to the xfer switch in the main panel. I have no AC input at this time. I followed Will and Ian's advice about removing the screws. Is this done correctly?

Sounds like it. In any system, there must be only one N-G bond. Typically at ONE inverter or the panel.

Sounds like it. In any system, there must be only one N-G bond. Typically at ONE inverter or the panel.
Thank You, sir. I will now proceed with the build and not question this any longer.

Back