diy solar

diy solar

Is this legit?

I would verify how many cells that are included for that price. Message the seller. I don't see where it says 4 except in one of the pictures. That price is 1/2 of everyone else if it is a set of 4 cells.

No specs listed. Store only open since October.

Hi all,

I found these 280ah batteries, looks like a set of four, supposedly EVE, for $267 shipped. I'm new at this, is that the going rate? Am I missing something? Seems too good to be true.

Bill
No way you are going to get 4 EVE cells for that price. I also noticed if you scroll towards the bottom of the page where it says
Dongguan Lightning New Energy Technology Co., Ltd., and you click on it to takes you to Dongguan Lightning New Energy Technology Co., Ltd website on Alibaba. So I don't know what's up with that either. Dongguan Lightning New Energy is a known supplier on this forum.

No way you are going to get 4 EVE cells for that price. I also noticed if you scroll towards the bottom of the page where it says
Dongguan Lightning New Energy Technology Co., Ltd., and you click on it to takes you to Dongguan Lightning New Energy Technology Co., Ltd website on Alibaba. So I don't know what's up with that either. Dongguan Lightning New Energy is a known supplier on this forum.
That was what I was thinking. But it seems like a lot for one cell also. Maybe it's for 2 cells or something weird like that. They aren't very clear in their ads. Or they are used cells.

That was what I was thinking. But it seems like a lot for one cell also. Maybe it's for 2 cells or something weird like that. They aren't very clear in their ads. Or they are used cells.
I would contact them and ask. The link going to Alibaba bugs me. Did they copy and paste someone else's stuff? I would ask them about that too. But best to avoid and look elsewhere IMO.

I vote for 'single cell' !
The item weight is 5.2kg which is that of a single cell and the price is within the range of single cells quoted elsewhere.

Below average ratings is a bad sign. Like Ebay, sellers can suppress bad reviews but not ratings.

Back