diy solar

diy solar

Is this LFP-41260 Anything like the Overkill Solar 12v 120A BMS

BillyHo1227

Hello my name is Billy and I’m a 35-year-old quadriplegic... Sooo I got into solar and now can’t get out LOL…Hey so I was wondering if anyone use/using this BMS yet… I’m looking to use on Two (8) Cell Large 12v Batt. Banks..Made from 16-105ah EVE Prismatic LFP’s … I know you get what you pay for with Bms’s .. but I’m just wondering if this is a Clone of the unit that overkill solar sells for $115 (They offer 8 gauge wire tho +10$) And the 2 are Using the exact same schematic..So I’m wondering if this will work for me (2 of them) in parallel and if in fact anyone knows that they are the same (Same or Worse Quality) ? it has high and low temperature cut off, Bluetooth and almost every safety feature .. please any input will be great and until then...BE SAFE !!56845554-0FFA-4947-A28B-9DDE92C150DB.png2BA951E0-DD34-425E-864E-6BB2D8FFB98F.pngDC270187-3A17-40C8-B6D8-015E326DD7F2.jpeg3336C67B-3874-41B6-ADCA-DDC8CF8D4EF8.jpeg

Quite possibly the same BMS or very similar, definitely looks to be from the same manufacturer. Not familiar with that model number, but chances are the seller made it up, or its a model # specific to the sellers order.

The BMS sold by Overkill Solar comes from a family of BMS called 'JBD Smart BMS' most likely from a company called JBD / LLT Power, the 4S 120A model is the JBD-SP04S020. It is sold under a handful of different rebranded names, most rebrands still use the real model number.

I suggest it is not the best option to buy from them (not that I have anything against 'Shenzhen E-fine technology Co').

If you buy from Overkill Solar, you will pay a premium, in return you will get US based (and english language) support, sales, and warranty, you will be supporting a forum member and smaller seller with a good reputation and good electrical knowledge.

alternatively,

If these things aren't worth the markup to you and you would prefer to buy direct from China, consider buying from the JBD store

Last edited:
Nice thanks for the detailed responses… I am diving in on this one I purchased (2) of them @$59 so we will soon see...If I only needed one I would have went with the Overhill solar… I know there are a lot of BMS’s out there !! Some of them which Will Prowse has Tested tirelessly...He went through multiple B4 finding something with All the Features like Bluetooth, low temp cut off, easily programmable, won’t get hot, large gauge wiring, and all while That you would trust To protect your battery investment… So I think I’ll take the plunge on this one and see how it goes… Will let you know it’s All good when I get them, again thanks for the reply…
all good when I get them, again thanks for the reply…
-Billy

Nice thanks for the detailed responses… I am diving in on this one I purchased (2) of them @$59 so we will soon see...If I only needed one I would have went with the Overhill solar… I know there are a lot of BMS’s out there !! Some of them which Will Prowse has Tested tirelessly...He went through multiple B4 finding something with All the Features like Bluetooth, low temp cut off, easily programmable, won’t get hot, large gauge wiring, and all while That you would trust To protect your battery investment… So I think I’ll take the plunge on this one and see how it goes… Will let you know it’s All good when I get them, again thanks for the reply…
all good when I get them, again thanks for the reply…
-Billy

Let us know how it goes, and share your experience with the seller (who did you buy from?) once you receive and test the BMS

If you need two. If buying direct from China you should get three. Or even four. Customer service is even slower than deliver.

Well i bought this JBD BMS from Shenzhen E-Fire on Alibaba.

They sell other JBD and Daly BMS with the CLRD sticker.

Back