diy solar

diy solar

Is this Panel compatible with Bluetti AC300

mjgonsow

Both panels below I found used for a good price/KWH. Will either of these work with the Bluetti AC300? I apologize for my ignorance, this is my first post and am looking to educate myself.
Thank you in advance if you're able to help!

2 Ebay panels.jpg

Both panels below I found used for a good price/KWH. Will either of these work with the Bluetti AC300? I apologize for my ignorance, this is my first post and am looking to educate myself.
Thank you in advance if you're able to help!

View attachment 100760
Look up the specs on the Bluetti AC300. Make sure you don't exceed the max PV volts input.

Look up the specs on the Bluetti AC300. Make sure you don't exceed the max PV volts input.
The AC300 says this for Solar input: "2,400 Max., VOC 12-150VDC, 12A"
Does this mean I'd be able to run 3.75 panels (3 panels) in series?

Doesn't amperage add when in parallel, so I wouldn't even be able to have 2 in parallel ... or do I have that backwards, if I have 2 in parallel I'd have 5 amps going through each panel for a total of 10?

Last edited:
The AC300 says this for Solar input: "2,400 Max., VOC 12-150VDC, 12A"
Does this mean I'd be able to run 3.75 panels (3 panels) in series?

Doesn't amperage add when in parallel, so I wouldn't even be able to have 2 in parallel ... or do I have that backwards, if I have 2 in parallel I'd have 5 amps going through each panel for a total of 10?
You would want to connect panels in series, adding up the voltage but staying well below 150v. So you could do 3 of the 40v panels, in series for about 120v input. Same amps in series, so 9-10 amps with either of those panels. So you can get about 900watts with three of those.

You would want to connect panels in series, adding up the voltage but staying well below 150v. So you could do 3 of the 40v panels, in series for about 120v input. Same amps in series, so 9-10 amps with either of those panels. So you can get about 900watts with three of those.
Is there anyway to wire these panels to be able to get the full 2400W (max input) w/these panels? The stats on the panels seem to be fairly similar to other 300+ Watt panels. How do people get max solar input, what panels are suppose to be used.

Is there anyway to wire these panels to be able to get the full 2400W (max input) w/these panels? The stats on the panels seem to be fairly similar to other 300+ Watt panels. How do people get max solar input, what panels are suppose to be used.
If you put 3 in series times 2 in parallel, 6 panels would get you 1800w. The 12Amps in that spec are confusing. No way you can get 2400w and the volts less than 150v and the amps no more than 12amps. The charger should self protect and limit the amps properly. Check with the manufacturer and see what they say.

If you put 3 in series times 2 in parallel, 6 panels would get you 1800w. The 12Amps in that spec are confusing. No way you can get 2400w and the volts less than 150v and the amps no more than 12amps. The charger should self protect and limit the amps properly. Check with the manufacturer and see what they say.
My thoughts too, thank you for the help. I've contacted Bluetti and am awaiting an answer.

My thoughts too, thank you for the help. I've contacted Bluetti and am awaiting an answer.
Not 100% sure of the accuracy of this as it came from another website (not bluetti), but it appears to have 2 charge controllers so you can have 2 arrays. If I'm understanding it right, I'd be able to have 2 arrays, both with 3 panels in series, for a total of 1800(ish) Watts. Here is what the site says:

It actually has two controllers built inside, and they work independently. You can have different voltages, you can put different things on each. One makes it very versatile, each one of the MPPT controllers in. This can handle up to 1,200 watts of solar, and each one of those lists can do up to 150 volts at 12 amps. So, you’d actually have two arrays of 1,200 watts of solar panels. Both running 150 volts up to 12 amps.

Not 100% sure of the accuracy of this as it came from another website (not bluetti), but it appears to have 2 charge controllers so you can have 2 arrays. If I'm understanding it right, I'd be able to have 2 arrays, both with 3 panels in series, for a total of 1800(ish) Watts. Here is what the site says:

It actually has two controllers built inside, and they work independently. You can have different voltages, you can put different things on each. One makes it very versatile, each one of the MPPT controllers in. This can handle up to 1,200 watts of solar, and each one of those lists can do up to 150 volts at 12 amps. So, you’d actually have two arrays of 1,200 watts of solar panels. Both running 150 volts up to 12 amps.
That makes a lot more sense. The panels that you are looking at are 60cell panels. You can use 3 of them, so the larger the better. I doubt you will find any 400w 60cell but......not sure what your end game is but if you have lots of space, there are a lot of used 250w that will output about 200w. 6 of them 3s2p on each of your MPPT inputs would be one way to get closer to the 2400w. You will normally never see that as it would take some degree of "overpaneling" and good sun angle. 1800 should be good unless you have specific needs to get as much as you can.

That makes a lot more sense. The panels that you are looking at are 60cell panels. You can use 3 of them, so the larger the better. I doubt you will find any 400w 60cell but......not sure what your end game is but if you have lots of space, there are a lot of used 250w that will output about 200w. 6 of them 3s2p on each of your MPPT inputs would be one way to get closer to the 2400w. You will normally never see that as it would take some degree of "overpaneling" and good sun angle. 1800 should be good unless you have specific needs to get as much as you can.
From what I understand, I'm suppose to use Voc for sizing not Vmp. If the Voc is 40.29 and I wanted to run 4 in series for each MPPT controller that would put me at 161 volts, which is 11 volts over the max, does that small amount over matter? These are also used panels so I'm guessing they won't output as much as the sticker says.

Hi, I just talked yesterday to the bluetti guy and in our conversation he specifically said NOT to excede the 150v limit.
Also said not to excede the 700w input.

Hi, I just talked yesterday to the bluetti guy and in our conversation he specifically said NOT to excede the 150v limit.
Also said not to excede the 700w input.
Thx for the info on the voltage, but which system are you talking about not to exceed 700W? From what I understand the AC300 has 2 MPPT controllers and each one can take an array of 1200W, 150v max, 12A max. (per controller).

From what I understand, I'm suppose to use Voc for sizing not Vmp. If the Voc is 40.29 and I wanted to run 4 in series for each MPPT controller that would put me at 161 volts, which is 11 volts over the max, does that small amount over matter? These are also used panels so I'm guessing they won't output as much as the sticker says.
Even used panels will produce the Voc on the sticker and even MORE when the weather is cold. Stay below that 150v number and be aware cold panels have higher voltage then the sticker suggests. That sticker voltage is for a specific temperature. Used panels don't make full current. So if you put 3series and 2 of those 3 in parallel, you should be okay with that....with all normal MPPT chargers. Not sure why Bluetti would tell someone you can't "over panel" but I would do what they said if you want to keep the warranty intact. A panel can make its power rating almost never under normal use conditions. Over paneling allows someone to make something closer to rated power for at least a part of the day.

Mild rant...An MPPT charger will always be controlled from a microcomputer which someone had to program. MPPT chargers throttle the load on the panels to find the max power point. Anyone that couldn't design that same device to not burn itself up has failed to design a good product. Maybe it is so much on the edge (can't handle charger heat) that it (the MPPT charger) can only make rated power for 30 minutes. So if you never exceed X watts of panels it can never charge at full rating unless you are on some freezing mountain on a sunny day.

Thx for the info on the voltage, but which system are you talking about not to exceed 700W? From what I understand the AC300 has 2 MPPT controllers and each one can take an array of 1200W, 150v max, 12A max. (per controller).
Hi
Im looking at the ac300 w b300 for our cabin in Australia. Also the 200max as an option…
How did you find the ac300… did charging w panels work ok? What panel configuration did you end up with?

Hi
Im looking at the ac300 w b300 for our cabin in Australia. Also the 200max as an option…
How did you find the ac300… did charging w panels work ok? What panel configuration did you end up with?
I found the AC300 just by researching and watching YouTube video's on the different systems. I ended up buying mine from Bluetti direct when they offered a good sale price. I ended up using the panel pictured below; which I found used for 100 each and they perform great! The AC300 allows for 2 arrays each with a max voltage of 150V. I have 2 arrays of 4 panels each, when the sun is straight overhead both arrays (8 panels) pull in about 1700-1900 Watts/hr on a good day, sometimes a little more, but not common. I ended up getting a second battery, because I was easily charging one and felt I was wasting unused power. On a fairly sunny day I charge both batteries (6KW) relatively easily. I love the system and it saved us HUGE after hurricane Ian, we were without grid power for eight days.

Attachments

• Trina 270.jpg
    Trina 270.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I found the AC300 just by researching and watching YouTube video's on the different systems. I ended up buying mine from Bluetti direct when they offered a good sale price. I ended up using the panel pictured below; which I found used for 100 each and they perform great! The AC300 allows for 2 arrays each with a max voltage of 150V. I have 2 arrays of 4 panels each, when the sun is straight overhead both arrays (8 panels) pull in about 1700-1900 Watts/hr on a good day, sometimes a little more, but not common. I ended up getting a second battery, because I was easily charging one and felt I was wasting unused power. On a fairly sunny day I charge both batteries (6KW) relatively easily. I love the system and it saved us HUGE after hurricane Ian, we were without grid power for eight days.
Well that’s great feedback… I do like the ability to plug so much solar into the ac300.
What do use your unit for ?

Well that’s great feedback… I do like the ability to plug so much solar into the ac300.
What do use your unit for ?
Thank you, I plan on actually getting another AC300 w/2 batteries and run them split phase so I can double my solar input as well as run 220 (home AC). We live in Florida and about every other year or so we get hit by a hurricane and lose power for 1-12 days and this thing is a life saver. This is the main reason we bought it so we don't need a gas generator; which is nearly useless here unless you can store 50+ gallons of gas. There is no "I"m going to go get gas for the generator" when your street is flooded and/or everyone else is doing the same and every gas station is sold out of gas. So my main reason for buying is for power during grid outages, I also plan on buying an electric car soon and will use my system to charge the battery. Once I get both AC300's hooked up and am pulling in almost 4k KW/hr during peak times I should be able to generate about 12-15KW a day; which should be enough to fully sustain my driving in an electric vehicle. At the moment I use it to run my families computers/3D printers/charge ryobi batteries and run my chest freezer/refrigerator to help reduce my monthly electric bill.

Thank you, I plan on actually getting another AC300 w/2 batteries and run them split phase so I can double my solar input as well as run 220 (home AC). We live in Florida and about every other year or so we get hit by a hurricane and lose power for 1-12 days and this thing is a life saver. This is the main reason we bought it so we don't need a gas generator; which is nearly useless here unless you can store 50+ gallons of gas. There is no "I"m going to go get gas for the generator" when your street is flooded and/or everyone else is doing the same and every gas station is sold out of gas. So my main reason for buying is for power during grid outages, I also plan on buying an electric car soon and will use my system to charge the battery. Once I get both AC300's hooked up and am pulling in almost 4k KW/hr during peak times I should be able to generate about 12-15KW a day; which should be enough to fully sustain my driving in an electric vehicle. At the moment I use it to run my families computers/3D printers/charge ryobi batteries and run my chest freezer/refrigerator to help reduce my monthly electric bill.
Ok… Great info…
Does it handle the freezer 24/7?

Back