Fahmula

Here is the link to the wire in question;

My panel specs;
Pmax. 400W
Vmp. 44.1V
Imp. 9.08A
Voc. 53.4V
Isc. 9.6A

I have a total of 20 panels that would be configured in three strings in series. 6, 7 & 7.
The three strings will go through a disconnect then to the inverter (Deye/Sol Ark 8k All in One).

The wire length will be 50' one way and a max of 9.6. Will this wire work for me and I can use it without a conduit correct?

I just use the 10awg solar rated wire for short runs and 8awg for longer hauls.
That cable will work for 10amps, but using the "buy once cry once" rule, consider getting 10 or 8 awg for such a long run.
As to conduit, depends on local regulations...
solar cable is usually rated direct burial(but not always) which has code rules for depth; if you use a conduit other "NEC codes" kick in depending your country/area.

protecting power cables from accidental shovels, or inquisitive squirrels/rats, is always a good thing.

I just use the 10awg solar rated wire for short runs and 8awg for longer hauls.
That cable will work for 10amps, but using the "buy once cry once" rule, consider getting 10 or 8 awg for such a long run.
As to conduit, depends on local regulations...
solar cable is usually rated direct burial(but not always) which has code rules for depth; if you use a conduit other "NEC codes" kick in depending your country/area.

protecting power cables from accidental shovels, or inquisitive squirrels/rats, is always a good thing.
This PV system is located in the Caribbean so "code" isn't much of an issue.
The PV system is currently wired with 10 awg but the installer messed up and I'm gonna rewire everything. The main reason I'm asking about the 12 awg is because It more than support the amps from the panels and also would be cheaper to ship to the Caribbean.

I'm not disagreeing with your answer, but that calculator is for AC.
Great catch! Thats why i show my math and any calculations whenever possible.

Hmm...
Looks like percentage lost is exactly the same for DC. Or under what circumstances would they differ?

Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 5.07.07 PM.png

If you have an inductive or capacitive load, the current and voltage are out of phase to each other to some degree and will change the numbers, mostly at more current and voltage extremes. It doesn't really show with what the OP is doing. With DC, voltage and current are always in phase under steady state conditions.

Back