diy solar

diy solar

Is this the correct torque wrench for 6mm studs on the EVE cells?

A reservation I have against beam torque wrenches is that sometimes the way I use them, I can't see the dial and therefore I have no idea how much torque I'm putting on the fastener.

A reservation I have against beam torque wrenches is that sometimes the way I use them, I can't see the dial and therefore I have no idea how much torque I'm putting on the fastener.
I could see that being a real problem. I don't think I will have a problem viewing dial. The dial is fairly dense so a little difficult to nail down the exact force tho. Not so difficult as torquing heads down on a block - trying to get a good amount of twist while trying to look at the dial to see where it is. I think the beam is fairly accurate in the sense there isn't much that can throw it out of cal. The digital wrenches maybe not.

The last time I used one... I didn't need reading glasses... :(

If I lose my hearing then the beep sound on my torque wrench is going to be useless. Neuropathy has affected feeling in my fingers, but I can still feel the vibration that the torque wrench makes. Next up, I'll have it shock me when it reaches the correct torque.
yikes_anim.gif

My trusty old click-type torque wrench failed a couple weeks ago and I over-torqued some spark plugs. I pulled out the trusty 50 year old beam-type to verify the new-fangled one was broken. I occasionally use the old one to verify the calibration of the click wrenches. Other than that, I prefer to use the click type. It is impossible to see the dial on the beam wrench sometimes.

Or there's these. I have one for the other reason stated on the tool, but works perfectly for batteries too. I think the Digital Mermaid videos use this one too

Last edited:
Back