diy solar

diy solar

is this the same BMS Will reviewed?

Jeremiah

Solar Breakdancer
Will reviews a pretty cool BMS though it only allows 50amps charging.
Anyway, is this the same BMS on Aliexpress?
I'm confused because I don't see a clear manufacturer name in the one Will linked to on ebay but the picture style looks the same and the features seem the same but who knows if it's just another company ripping that one and it's advertisement off.
In his youtube video it has the word "ANT" in the title which this one on alibabba doesn't have.
I'm new to the BMS world so I may be missing something obvious. I want the one he reviewed (well the 20s version of it).
The one I linked to on aliexpress the seller lists brand as: DYKBmetered
The ebay listing Will linked to doesn't list a brand at all "unbranded." This one also says DYKBmetered, is it the same item with different options? DOes anyone know if the one Will reviewed has a version that can charge at 60amps+?

Also, do these things come with the "ring connectors" he uses in his videos?
Do you think the included cables are good enough for drawing up to 150 amps out of it? He mentions they are fine for 100 amps but no way 320 amps. The most I will need is 150 (rarely just a peak use and even then maybe not). I don't want to order all these parts the moment our lockdown is over here in PH (no mail deliveries here), wait a month or 2 then be missing the write cables.

Last edited:
@Will Prowse is this the 20s version of the same BMS you tested? I've been searching for it on Aliexpress.
I'm worried it may just be a clone. The ebay listing you listed just says "unbranded." The aliexpress listing doesn't have "ANT" in the comments. I'm worried that they may have just copied the sales image.

Yeah it looks the same. Should be the same one. Only one way to find out haha! I love that BMS if it is. I need to make more videos about it. I used mine for months and the settings you can change are amazing.

Yeah it looks the same. Should be the same one. Only one way to find out haha! I love that BMS if it is. I need to make more videos about it. I used mine for months and the settings you can change are amazing.
Thanks! Yeah I'm real psyched about it; it seems really awesome. Can't wait to try it out.
Thanks for replying I know you're a busy guy. I read your book btw :)

Back