diy solar

diy solar

ISO 48V 2k-2.5k inverter. UL listed & reputable brand.

Yakapo

Also needs to be 110v. I don’t need it to have a charge function.

UL means its going to be a Xantrex/Schneider, Outback, or Magnum. I'm not sure if the Victrons are or not.

UL means its going to be a Xantrex/Schneider, Outback, or Magnum. I'm not sure if the Victrons are or not.

I see. Well, obviously I don’t know what I’m talking about.

It just has to be a reputable brand.

Ah, usually when people start talking about UL listed is when it's a grid-tie situation and their system will be inspected, if grid-tied everything other than the battery has to be UL listed - and it's a huge expensive pain the butt.

At any rate, I'm a fan of the Samlex EVO inverters which are IMO the best value of the "quality" inverters. Really like Victrons too, anything from Outback or Magnum will be bullet proof but they're kind of spendy.

Personally I own a 24/2200W Samlex EVO (love it), Outback Radian 8048 (love it, godawful spendy), an 11 year old Outback Phoenix 24/3000 (great inverter, 25W idle and it just won't die!) and a Aims 12/2500 (don't love it, reliable but it has HUGE idle draw, works well as a UPS tho)

Xantrex was a good inverter, but from what I hear the quailty has gone to snot since they got bought out by Schneider.

Fronius and SMA are supposed to be good - but I don't know much about them except that SMAs are supposed to be super reliable. If you're going to do a battery the SMA Sunny Island is a very reputable inverter and you can get them cheap on Ebay right now.

Ah, usually when people start talking about UL listed is when it's a grid-tie situation and their system will be inspected, if grid-tied everything other than the battery has to be UL listed - and it's a huge expensive pain the butt.

At any rate, I'm a fan of the Samlex EVO inverters which are IMO the best value of the "quality" inverters. Really like Victrons too, anything from Outback or Magnum will be bullet proof but they're kind of spendy.

Personally I own a 24/2200W Samlex EVO (love it), Outback Radian 8048 (love it, godawful spendy), an 11 year old Outback Phoenix 24/3000 (great inverter, 25W idle and it just won't die!) and a Aims 12/2500 (don't love it, reliable but it has HUGE idle draw, works well as a UPS tho)

Xantrex was a good inverter, but from what I hear the quailty has gone to snot since they got bought out by Schneider.

Fronius and SMA are supposed to be good - but I don't know much about them except that SMAs are supposed to be super reliable. If you're going to do a battery the SMA Sunny Island is a very reputable inverter and you can get them cheap on Ebay right now.

id really like to go 48v. If I go with 24v, Samlex has a 2000 watt model that’s only $800.

Whatever you get, make sure you have access to the charging/discharging settings if you're going to be using LFP batts you absolutely need to be able to adjust the low voltage shutdown. For example with the Aims I have I can't adjust the low voltage so I can never use it with a lithium so it's stuck doing UPS duty with sealed lead acid for the rest of its life.
I dont know much about the Samlex 'just inverter', it gets good reviews on Amazon at least. Dont' know if you can adjust charge/discharge so it'd be worth checking before purchase.
Edit: I'm sorry I just realized this was in the "for sale area" and you were looking to buy.

Whatever you get, make sure you have access to the charging/discharging settings if you're going to be using LFP batts you absolutely need to be able to adjust the low voltage shutdown. For example with the Aims I have I can't adjust the low voltage so I can never use it with a lithium so it's stuck doing UPS duty with sealed lead acid for the rest of its life.
I dont know much about the Samlex 'just inverter', it gets good reviews on Amazon at least. Dont' know if you can adjust charge/discharge so it'd be worth checking before purchase.
Edit: I'm sorry I just realized this was in the "for sale area" and you were looking to buy.

i appreciate the help. It’s a steep learning curve.

@Yakapo I saw your other thread and then this one.
https://diysolarforum.com/threads/use-mod-sine-wave-for-deep-freeze.12751/

I appreciate you want to run a fridge, freezers, equipment that have motors (compressors). This presents a couple of issues to be aware of.

First & Most Importantly, you want to use Pure Sine Wave equipment which generates "clean power" equivalent to a healthy Power Grid, this is good for electronics, motors and all manner of devices. MOD Sine is NOT good for motors/compressors, they will run hotter, make noise & consume more power, some new motors / compresssors won't even run with Mod Sine. Some LEDS will buzz or whine, computers may flicker and make noise as well.

Next & equally important is High Frequency versus Low Frequency. Again, here LOW Frequency is really the way to go. It is a smoother & more robust method using large copper coils instead of FETS, enables thes Inverters to handle 3X the surge. This is also beneficial as when a motor / compressor starts the start surge can easily be double that of running amps/watts. Below is an article which explains the difference between High & Low Frequency Inverters. Pue Sine Low Frequency Inverters cost more but you gain a lot for that.

I am also a Samlex Owner/User. I have an EVO-4024 which is 4000W (12,000W surge) running from 24V, outputting 120V @ 60Hz (Canada) and I have zero complaints about quality, reliability & their service/support. At this time, they do not have 48V equipment for North American power ratings. That is in development fo rth next generation due in Spring (was supposed to be this fall but Covidus-Interuptus Maximus happened).

@Yakapo I saw your other thread and then this one.
https://diysolarforum.com/threads/use-mod-sine-wave-for-deep-freeze.12751/

I appreciate you want to run a fridge, freezers, equipment that have motors (compressors). This presents a couple of issues to be aware of.

First & Most Importantly, you want to use Pure Sine Wave equipment which generates "clean power" equivalent to a healthy Power Grid, this is good for electronics, motors and all manner of devices. MOD Sine is NOT good for motors/compressors, they will run hotter, make noise & consume more power, some new motors / compresssors won't even run with Mod Sine. Some LEDS will buzz or whine, computers may flicker and make noise as well.

Next & equally important is High Frequency versus Low Frequency. Again, here LOW Frequency is really the way to go. It is a smoother & more robust method using large copper coils instead of FETS, enables thes Inverters to handle 3X the surge. This is also beneficial as when a motor / compressor starts the start surge can easily be double that of running amps/watts. Below is an article which explains the difference between High & Low Frequency Inverters. Pue Sine Low Frequency Inverters cost more but you gain a lot for that.

I am also a Samlex Owner/User. I have an EVO-4024 which is 4000W (12,000W surge) running from 24V, outputting 120V @ 60Hz (Canada) and I have zero complaints about quality, reliability & their service/support. At this time, they do not have 48V equipment for North American power ratings. That is in development fo rth next generation due in Spring (was supposed to be this fall but Covidus-Interuptus Maximus happened).

what do you think about Cotek? They offer a 48v in 2,000 watt and 2500.

what do you think about Cotek? They offer a 48v in 2,000 watt and 2500.
I don't own Cotek product. A good friend an a major Solar System component vendor here in Canada used to sell them until they got taken over. Apparently quality, service & support all tanked and getting replacements for defective units became difficult, even for vendors so they dropped Cotek altogether.

Back