diy solar

diy solar

ISO inexpensive 48V inverter for test bench

Maast

Compulsive Tinkerer
Anybody got a cheapie (without being so cheap its crap) inverter they're looking to get rid of? I need something for my test bench area for a test load, about 4000-6000 watts or so. I've been using a couple of APC SURTA 2200s that I modified that're paralleled together but would like something bigger and with an adjustable low voltage cutoff. Don't need a integrated charger with it but wouldnt object.

Thanks!

you may want to list location, incase someone is near you.

does the UPS not have an option to set a custom cut-off in the remote management config?

you could get a low voltage disconnect board from ebay and tie it to a large relay, like the ones chargery have started to use.

if you're near N AL: I have a 2500w 48v low frequency inverter/mppt controller/ grid charger. no way i'm shipping it though.

you may want to list location, incase someone is near you.
does the UPS not have an option to set a custom cut-off in the remote management config?
you could get a low voltage disconnect board from ebay and tie it to a large relay, like the ones chargery have started to use.
if you're near N AL: I have a 2500w 48v low frequency inverter/mppt controller/ grid charger. no way i'm shipping it though.
Good point, I'm in Washington State, near Tacoma. I've played around a lot with the APC UPSs with adding exterior batteries to them, they need to be reprogrammed though. I use this list of commands to do it and as you can see there's no setting for low voltage cutoff.

Back