diy solar

diy solar

ISO latching switch remote outlets

wild01

Solar Enthusiast
I'm looking for a remote outlet that is controlled by a LATCHING switch as opposed to a momentary one. I can find all different brands of remote outlets readily available and affordable, but they are all controlled by momentary push buttons, I'm looking for one that uses a latching switch that has to be switched on with a latching switch (switch stays on when outlet is energized) I plan on using them in conjunction with the programmable dry contact on my inverters to turn on heaters when my batteries are full.

Anyone know where I can source one???

I have never seen wireless control with that type of setup either.
I can see why it is hard to find wireless remote control that has latching switch, it means that when switch is latched on for the remote controller to keep on sending out the signal to the receiver to keep the outlet on, it will drain the battery in the remote controller as long as the switch is in the latched on position, and also if the RF signal is interrupted the outlet will drop out until the signal is received again by the receiver.
If it is wired remote type then there is no issue.

I have never seen wireless control with that type of setup either.
I can see why it is hard to find wireless remote control that has latching switch, it means that when switch is latched on for the remote controller to keep on sending out the signal to the receiver to keep the outlet on, it will drain the battery in the remote controller as long as the switch is in the latched on position, and also if the RF signal is interrupted the outlet will drop out until the signal is received again by the receiver.
If it is wired remote type then there is no issue.
Yeah I can see why this would be problematic, the remote wouldn't necessarily have to send continuously, but it would probably need 2 way communication with the outlet. basically it would require the remote know it the outlet is on rather than it just sending a signal and assuming the outlet got it. In my mind a better/ more reliable remote system, but I can see why I'm not finding one... it's inordinately more complicated than a simple radio controlled on off switch.

darn, I was really hoping to not have to run more wires all over my shop.

Back