diy solar

diy solar

ISO: Very small batteries for test system

HighTechLab

AKA Dexter - CTO of Current Connected, LLC
Looking for a LFP cell around 25ah-50ah to use for a BMS testing and calibration. Currently have a 16s200ah bank that is just massive and heavy for only running 10-50 amps or so to ensure calibration on BMS units that I test before selling. I honestly don't care if this bank is B-grade, used, etc. just need something that will work for testing purposes and hold enough power to ensure proper operation of the BMS units. Anyone in USA/California have anything sitting around collecting dust?

Will create the shipment on my company UPS account and send shipping label if you aren't nearby.

BatteryHookup has those sweet little 25ah TopBand cells. In my experience, they have all been almost perfectly matched, no runners, and they all have the same capacity. Good for testing.

I ordered 8 of those 25 ah cells from Battery Hookup. They’ll be here in about a week. That we the quickest way I could find.

My issue right now is finding a 20 ah BMS to charge it. Daly makes a 20 amp BMS, but the parameters seem to be preset, and I would like the overvoltage cutoff to be less than 3.75.

I
I ordered 8 of those 25 ah cells from Battery Hookup. They’ll be here in about a week. That we the quickest way I could find.

My issue right now is finding a 20 ah BMS to charge it. Daly makes a 20 amp BMS, but the parameters seem to be preset, and I would like the overvoltage cutoff to be less than 3.75.

I've been using a white-label 40 amp Daly on a 4s pack, my only complaint is the super high over voltage settings. Good news with those cells though, once they're top balanced they stay in balance. I think those must have come out of an EV or prototype, because they behave like actual grade A cells.

View attachment 58969
This error message greeted me yesterday when I tried to get some of the 25Ah topband prismatic cells. This thread made me aware of them and I have a project that could use them.

Tried again day later and went through fine today. That’s why I asked.
I didn't realize that was an issue with them, I'm pretty far from CA.

Back