diy solar

diy solar

Issue with Daly BMS 4S 250A

ttiburst

I connected my Daly BMS 4S 250A but i found that the P- was at 9.5V instead of more than 12V.
My 4 cells are at 3,28V.

I have seen some issues like that but i didnot understand what was th solution.

So you help is welcome.

Solution is there there is a hard reset to awake the bms.
Seems easy on 12V be carefull it is different i=on 24V.

Setup my Daly BMS the other day and everything has been working ok. Cells are somewhat mismatched as one cell hits 3.6, while others are still 3.4. The BMS sucessfully shut down at high read while I was watching. I took everything apart, wired them in parallel, and let them sit with a low charge input for a day. Then wired in series again and started to charge again. High level cutoff happened when I was asleep, and the next day, I can only get 10v reading through BMS, but the battery pack is 13.6. I tried shorting the 2 pins, and tried shorting B- and P- for a second, but nothing. The first cell (BMS negative lead) is only reading 1.1v through the bms, but tested alone its 3.59. So the whole battery pack only reads 10.1v through the BMS, but reads 13.6 bypassing the BMS. Is my BMS fried? What should I try? Thanks guys!

Setup my Daly BMS the other day and everything has been working ok. Cells are somewhat mismatched as one cell hits 3.6, while others are still 3.4. The BMS sucessfully shut down at high read while I was watching. I took everything apart, wired them in parallel, and let them sit with a low charge input for a day. Then wired in series again and started to charge again. High level cutoff happened when I was asleep, and the next day, I can only get 10v reading through BMS, but the battery pack is 13.6. I tried shorting the 2 pins, and tried shorting B- and P- for a second, but nothing. The first cell (BMS negative lead) is only reading 1.1v through the bms, but tested alone its 3.59. So the whole battery pack only reads 10.1v through the BMS, but reads 13.6 bypassing the BMS. Is my BMS fried? What should I try? Thanks guys!
1. Top balance the cells. Once top balanced, you don't need to charge above 3.4v per cell, simply charge at 3.4v per cell until amps drop below one and you miss about 2 amp hours of capacity, but top balancing is important. There is a nice document here that explains how to do it properly.

2. The BMS is in sleep mode. There are many ways to wake it up, complete with pictures of which pins to short (since Daly seems to delight in changing them every few months).

Last edited:
Back