diy solar

diy solar

Issue with Growatt SPF 5000 ES

@sunshine_eggo I just realized that when I am on battery say 52v and I turn on my iron, load consumption rises to about 2400 watts, the inverter quickly draws power from grid and stops discharging from the batteries. When I am done ironing and turn it off, after a few seconds it turns back to draw power from the battery. Am i missing a setting in the inverter or its from the batteries?

@sunshine_eggo I just realized that when I am on battery say 52v and I turn on my iron, load consumption rises to about 2400 watts, the inverter quickly draws power from grid and stops discharging from the batteries. When I am done ironing and turn it off, after a few seconds it turns back to draw power from the battery. Am i missing a setting in the inverter or its from the batteries?

Setting 1: SbU?

Setting 12: ?

When I contacted Growatt about this they insisted the 18A as measured by array Isc is a hard limit. However a lot of people have reported that the growatt distributors are all saying that overpanneling like you are doing is fine.
The company that builds it is all that matters, If 18 amps os a hard limit then the amps is the problem. Basically you are redlining the inverter and it will prematurely fail, stay within the guidelines and you will be fine. The fact that it is dropping mid day tells you it is the AMP's.

Are you triggering the 48V level with 2400W of load? It's possible at lower states of charge.
Strange. Didnt know that was possible. BMS reads a high SOC. Was planning on figuring out the amps I was pulling during that short time but I have forgotten how to get to the history data page on shineserver 3.0.00.

Yeah, contacted Growatt and they confirmed that it will not use more than 6000w - it's a hard limit.
It’s limited by the DC output not the PV input.
It’s actually lower than 6000W as the DC charging output is limited to 100A x VDC for your battery bank type bulk charge voltage.

@sunshine_eggo I added additional 2 panels (370w, 41.85Voc, 34.11Vmp each) to the existing 8 panels (375w, 42.15Voc, 34.41Vmp each). The voltage reading on the inverter display is still less than 450v. I am seeing a voltage reading of about 340v. does this mean I can add 2 more panels?

@sunshine_eggo I added additional 2 panels (370w, 41.85Voc, 34.11Vmp each) to the existing 8 panels (375w, 42.15Voc, 34.41Vmp each). The voltage reading on the inverter display is still less than 450v. I am seeing a voltage reading of about 340v. does this mean I can add 2 more panels?

Please read entire post (again):

Back