diy solar

diy solar

Issues with my Victron 500A shunt connected to my Raspberry Pi with solar assistant

hotrod

Hi I am having some issues with my Victron 500a shunt, It has been working fine for about 6 months now. I have it connected to my 48v battery module and I have a cable going from my shunt to a Raspberry PI that has the solar assistant software on it to monitor my solar system and my battery. A couple days ago I noticed the Victron shunt would be registering 100 % state of charge and my Batrium bms would be reading like 70% I would reset the shunt on the Victron app on my phone to register the same as my Batrium BMS and it would work ok till the next day . If I reset the shunt state of charge in the afternoon to match the Batrium it would discharge the same through the night until the next day when my solar would start to produce power the Victron shunt would instantly go to 100 % state of charge. Now when I get home in the afternoon and the Batrium says the SOC is 80 % and the Victron shunt app on my phone will read 100% soc . Now when I reset it to the same as my Batrium, within 10 seconds it resets itself to 100 % soc. I have disconnected the small red wire that sends voltage to the shunt and disconnected the cable going to my raspberry pi and let it sit for a minute and then connect everything back up and its still doing the same thing. Can any of you tell me what I need to do to fix this issue. Thanks for your help.

What changed in your system since the SmartShunt started acting weird? Did any wiring change? Did you change and charge voltages on any devices? Did you change any SmartShunt settings via VictronConnect?

How often do you charge your batteries to 100%? The SmartShunt requires you fully charge to 100% at least once every two weeks to keep it accurate.

What changed in your system since the SmartShunt started acting weird? Did any wiring change? Did you change and charge voltages on any devices? Did you change any SmartShunt settings via VictronConnect?

How often do you charge your batteries to 100%? The SmartShunt requires you fully charge to 100% at least once every two weeks to keep it accurate.
Thanks for your reply I haven't changed any settings with the Victron connect app and I haven't changed any wiring on it. I got a good full charge on my batteries Sat.

Back