diy solar

diy solar

Issues with Solar Assistant and Growatt SPF5000 ES inverters

B-Mod

Solar Enthusiast
Anyone having issues with Solar Assistant and Growatt SPF500 ES inverters? I am having issues with it freezing or losing communication with the inverters. I currently have 4 inverters in parallel, and it happens when output is above 15KW. I have put power blockers in line, used hubs Solar Assistant wanted me to buy and use. Nothing has helped.

They only seem to answer emails every once in a while. I have a bunch of money tied up in this and it does not work. I can't view stuff remotely when it messes up and all my data is messed up and is not accurate. The last contact I had with them a few weeks ago they told me they have others that are now having the same issue as me so they are going to look into it, but nothing since then and a few emails that I sent them now have gone un answered.

Hi, have you solved this? I’m choosing which inverter to buy and wanted to be able to control it and monitor it from home assistant

Nope, still not working. Was promised a fix, but none yet. In the next few days I will be trying usb cables with ferrite on them. Maybe it will help?

Do you know if you can command it to start charging the battery from the gris at any time? I’m thinking if I ever need to track energy prices during the day

Anyone having issues with Solar Assistant and Growatt SPF500 ES inverters? I am having issues with it freezing or losing communication with the inverters. I currently have 4 inverters in parallel, and it happens when output is above 15KW. I have put power blockers in line, used hubs Solar Assistant wanted me to buy and use. Nothing has helped.

They only seem to answer emails every once in a while. I have a bunch of money tied up in this and it does not work. I can't view stuff remotely when it messes up and all my data is messed up and is not accurate. The last contact I had with them a few weeks ago they told me they have others that are now having the same issue as me so they are going to look into it, but nothing since then and a few emails that I sent them now have gone un answered.

I saw a similar setup from another user from a different forum. Not sure how helpful it would be, but maybe worth dropping a reply there?

Back