diy solar

diy solar

its always sunny in philadelphia!

carbon RV pilot

hello from philly, ive had a small box truck for years i built for doing on-site motorcycle installs which had a basic solar system, 1 350w panel and 8 flooded golfcart 6v batts which worked great for many years, [was mostly charged in my driveway while plugged in by a progressive dynamics 80a smart rv charger
i just put together this RV so i could take my bike to all the places ive always wanted to ride! tail of the dragon[rt129 tennesse] pacific coast highway etc... i equiped it with a similar panel and 4 flooded lead acid batts and thought i was through with the power system but lately ive been watching will on youtube and now it seems im hell-bent on switching to lithium iron phosphate... lol so clearly ill be here learning my way but i figured id get in here and say HI first!

Attachments

• 20200618_162222.jpg
    20200618_162222.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 20200907_183443.jpg
    20200907_183443.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 20201113_213538.jpg
    20201113_213538.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 20201114_002555[1].jpg
    20201114_002555[1].jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 19
Welcome to the addiction... erm... forum!

Those are crazy little campers, and damn if the PCH isn't effing sweet on a bike. In my younger days, I flew from Phoenix to buy a bike in San Jose. Rode it all the way home via PCH. I didn't even know it was a bucket list item until I got started.

Tidy install. I wish I cared enough to sort out the rat's nest! ;)

Again, welcome.

yea these
Welcome to the addiction... erm... forum!

Those are crazy little campers, and damn if the PCH isn't effing sweet on a bike. In my younger days, I flew from Phoenix to buy a bike in San Jose. Rode it all the way home via PCH. I didn't even know it was a bucket list item until I got started.

Tidy install. I wish I cared enough to sort out the rat's nest! ;)

Again, welcome.
thank you sir... yea these toyo's are awesome, amazing what they pack in a 20ft package, 15mpg. and as i said ive been following will prowse on youtube just recently learned that early in his amazing story had a toyo dolphin [i think] that he lived in and experimented in! i just got back from tennesse [tail of the dragon] for 6 days which was awesome and am hitting the west coast this winter and am hoping to complete a lithium conversion

Never rode the dragon, but we have Devil's Highway, so meh. :p

1608338258272.png

Also did the grey in a loop in the same day. Frickin' magic! If you pass through AZ, might be worth a ride if you haven't done it already. :)

Seriously though, that's awesome.

Payson. Strawberry. Camp Verde. Cottonwood. Jerome. Prescott. Wickenberg in any order. Just make a big loop clockwise or counterclockwise.

South of Jerome is the best.

Kitt peak

Mt. Lemmon

Tortilla flats

These are a few of my favorite rides. Been doing them most every winter since 1982.

@carbon RV pilot definitely consider an AZ detour on your Cali trip.

Last edited:
Joe? Do I know you? I haven't ridden much on the street for quite some time... mostly because I did the 65 mile round trip to the end of the pavement at Tortilla Flat and back to my driveway in 54 minutes. For about 5 years, I ran that course 1-2 times per week. I finally realized I was too stupid to continue riding on the street, so I switched to the track for 5 years. Haven't ridden much since 2010 when AZTrackDay shut down.

You left off SRC... :)

lol very cool! i knew id get some quality advice on equip/install stuff but who knew id get good places to ride on my trip too??
lm loving this forum already!!

Joe? Do I know you? I haven't ridden much on the street for quite some time... mostly because I did the 65 mile round trip to the end of the pavement at Tortilla Flat and back to my driveway in 54 minutes.

Not that I’m aware of but much of my misspent youth riding in AZ is a blur for various reasons. About 10 days per winter riding in AZ back then.

Rt. 88 is nearly impossible to ride at sane speeds. It gets even more stupid after the pavement ends and you take a street bike up past the dam.

Never rode the dragon, but we have Devil's Highway, so meh. :p

View attachment 30669

Also did the grey in a loop in the same day. Frickin' magic! If you pass through AZ, might be worth a ride if you haven't done it already. :)

Seriously though, that's awesome.
Payson. Strawberry. Camp Verde. Cottonwood. Jerome. Prescott. Wickenberg in any order. Just make a big loop clockwise or counterclockwise.

South of Jerome is the best.

Kitt peak

Mt. Lemmon

Tortilla flats

These are a few of my favorite rides. Been doing them most every winter since 1982.

@carbon RV pilot definitely consider an AZ detour on your Cali trip.
Joe? Do I know you? I haven't ridden much on the street for quite some time... mostly because I did the 65 mile round trip to the end of the pavement at Tortilla Flat and back to my driveway in 54 minutes. For about 5 years, I ran that course 1-2 times per week. I finally realized I was too stupid to continue riding on the street, so I switched to the track for 5 years. Haven't ridden much since 2010 when AZTrackDay shut down.

You left off SRC... :)
keep em coming guys...
im listing all these spots and plan to check them out since my west coast trip will be several weeks so time is not a problem for worthwhile locations! i have had a motorcycle youtube channel called "carbon RR pilot" for over 17 years and am well known locally under that name and am going to start an RV channel showing my travels and rides so how funny is "carbon RV pilot". haha so the more stops the better! this is my progress so far [4 months] but plan to cover this pic in "done" icons over this winter

carbon rv pilot so far.jpg!

Not that I’m aware of but much of my misspent youth riding in AZ is a blur for various reasons. About 10 days per winter riding in AZ back then.

Rt. 88 is nearly impossible to ride at sane speeds. It gets even more stupid after the pavement ends and you take a street bike up past the dam.

I took 60 to globe to Roosevelt and back on 88. That was the only time I ventured on the dirt. I did not plan that well, and the lady passenger at the time was substantially less than pleased with me. :)

Back