diy solar

diy solar

I've figured out what to do with 4 batteries or 8 but I just bought 10? 2 extra

curt95658

Solar Geek
I did a little late night shopping and bought these from Battery Hookup:
mail
10 pack GSP 3.2v 50ah 160wh Prismatic Lifepo4
What do I do with the extra 2 batteries? is there a way I could use them? Confused Curt

Save as a spare, in case you damage one (bloat, arc), or it develops a leak.

Depending on voltage range of your electronics and number of wires on BMS, 5s2p or 10s1p is a somewhat higher voltage, provides extra watts. Like having a 16V starting battery in a car.

At 3.2 volts you could hook them up to a usb charger and charge your phone etc with one of them. Or put them in parallel and use both to super charge your phones or whatever needs charging or runs off of a usb. :)

I did a little late night shopping and bought these from Battery Hookup:
mail
10 pack GSP 3.2v 50ah 160wh Prismatic Lifepo4
What do I do with the extra 2 batteries? is there a way I could use them? Confused Curt
I know I'm late in replying, but I took advantage of the same deal after waiting for the Topband cells to be restocked, only to discover that they probably would not be getting anymore. BatteryHookup informed me that the next closest thing would be these, so I jumped on the deal. I had the same dilemma about what to do with the 2 extra cells. But "Thank You" to SherylinRM, I like the idea of using them as a separate power supply for USB devices.

I am an assistant scout master that will be heading to summer camp with my troop in July. It can be hot and stifling at night, and difficult to sleep with higher temperatures. I bought a 5v USB powered fan for use in my tent in the evenings, and this solution might be just the thing to power my fan and an LED light or 2. :cool:

My next dilemma was how I was going to charge these 2 cells. I was contemplating how to charge them, and then remembered the Kungber variable DC power supply that I received a week ago. I've got my first cell charging and everything seems to be working fine.

BatteryHookup did eventually restock the Topband cells, but are selling them in quantities too high for my wallet. I found a few sellers on ebay, but they want $50 a piece...also too much for me. Although the cost includes shipping, it still seems a little excessive considering I paid about 27.40 per cell including shipping for 10 cells.

Thanks Again!

I know I'm late in replying, but I took advantage of the same deal after waiting for the Topband cells to be restocked, only to discover that they probably would not be getting anymore. BatteryHookup informed me that the next closest thing would be these, so I jumped on the deal. I had the same dilemma about what to do with the 2 extra cells. But "Thank You" to SherylinRM, I like the idea of using them as a separate power supply for USB devices.
One thing I thought of afterwards was that two cells are about 6 to 7 volts right?
You might want to invest in a buck converter that will change it to 5 volts for you.
I did it with mine. They change the 24 volts to 12 for my heated seat and another one to 5 volts for all of my usb accessories.
Just an idea. :)

Hope it works out for you. :)

One thing I thought of afterwards was that two cells are about 6 to 7 volts right?
You might want to invest in a buck converter that will change it to 5 volts for you.
I did it with mine. They change the 24 volts to 12 for my heated seat and another one to 5 volts for all of my usb accessories.?
Just an idea. :)

Hope it works out for you. :)
Great minds think alike! Thanks for the suggestion. (y) I already have a few dual USB 5V 2.4A mobile power bank modules used to build a portable power bank. They'll take 3.0 to 4.2 volts and step it up to 5V 2.4A for USB devices. I'd like to think that the realization would have set in at some point that I had the necessary converters. But as I get older, my mind seems to work slower. ?

Back