diy solar

diy solar

Jag35, jehu's ebike r7 battery capacity nowhere near advertised #s

sshibly

Solar Enthusiast
All I can say is OUCH!

I bought the r7 ebike battery cuz it came in a "cute" downtube enclosure.

It is rated at 9ah at 36v.

Batteries were heaters, I charged them in stages and let them sit, charged them again.... fully charged them and then connected them to my capacity meter, walked away, not even an hour the machine started to beep.

I got a eye busting 2 ah, oh my.

Attachments

• jag35_r7_lacks_capacity_bad.jpg
    jag35_r7_lacks_capacity_bad.jpg
    334.7 KB · Views: 18
Yes. You mentioned that. Have you measured each of the cell groups? If only one is low, and the others are high, it may be that there's a bad cell in that group.
hmm, the pack has a working bms, I am expecting all the cells to be working, else the 9ah rating is void.

Here is the response from Jag35:

Thx for your email. You purchased "untested" packs.
These packs were advertised as "reclaimed", "these packs are untested", and "These items are sold for DIY and Second Life purposes".
There are no guarantees made or implied of full 9ah performance.
Have a nice day

JAG35
------------------------------
So I was buying a lithium packs with dead cells, that should be the expectation.

Last edited:
Here is the response from Jag35:

Thx for your email. You purchased "untested" packs.
These packs were advertised as "reclaimed", "these packs are untested", and "These items are sold for DIY and Second Life purposes".
There are no guarantees made or implied of full 9ah performance.
Have a nice day

JAG35
------------------------------
So I was buying a lithium pack with dead cells, that should be the expectation.

I assumed you knew that buying untested stuff with JAG35 means that it's a gamble. That's why I was asking about the other cells. It might only be one cell that is dead, and you may still have something worthwhile.

Back