diy solar

diy solar

Jakiper 48v (SOK?) battery BMS is Pace brand and not Seplos type

Lardino

I have been playing around with communications for the Jakiper 48v battery I received recently .
The Jakiper supplied software that runs via RS232 port works fine.
But I could never get it to work or any other Seplos type bms software to work on RS485 ports .
I just discovered that it is not a Seplos type bms but one that is made by PACE similar to this one .
Maybe someone else has info or this will save them barking down the wrong path like I had just done.
I wanted to see if I could get the data out of bms and onto esp8266 so I can send it MQTT to my grafana solar monitoring graphs.
This is a project that I tried - but it is for Seplos.

lithium solar posted a video on how to configure it properly with rs485 and mpp solar

@Lardino want s a monitoring "software" like Seplos Controller

..Lardino says:
But I could never get it to work or any other Seplos type bms software to work on RS485 ports .

The Rs232 is your Port for monitoring , The Seplos has Protocol version 2.0 and your pace has Version 1.0
But its not the same Protocol! the one is seplos ,the other has pace protocol and in different versions!

I spoke only over Monitoring Communication!

The Inverter Commnuication you can set in the bms software!

Last edited:
i found out and for what i need which protocol
then is the rs485b and c for my external wifi monitoring and bms2bms communication!
Now i must shutdown the internet to become the protocol :cool:
1649414167806.png
>shutdown -h now "indaNett"
>cp pdf from pace to bsg
>quit

.iam out

Last edited:
Basically all i want to do is get the cell voltages and other info that the inverter could get. So with setting up the rs485A port then can poll it with modbus like the inverter would do and get the battery data. I don't care to access the full bms and change any settings - just for monitoring. Though I think some of the inverters may have some limited control of the bms ? I don't have a Growatt or MPP type inverter so don't know how they function in regards to bms .

Basically all i want to do is get the cell voltages and other info that the inverter could get. So with setting up the rs485A port then can poll it with modbus like the inverter would do and get the battery data. I don't care to access the full bms and change any settings - just for monitoring. Though I think some of the inverters may have some limited control of the bms ? I don't have a Growatt or MPP type inverter so don't know how they function in regards to bms .
what inverter do you have, and does it have canbus/rs485 ports and does it support pylontech batteries?

I like to monitor my solar system. I have all my solar data going by mqtt to raspberry pi . On the Pi I run Grafana program which allows me to make whatever kind of graphs I want . No reason not to have the battery data in the mix too . I do have shunts on my system - on the Midnite controllers and also a shunt for Peacefair PZEM-017 on a direct DC solar part of the system. Example in photo

Attachments

• grafana 1.jpg
    grafana 1.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 49
I have been playing around with communications for the Jakiper 48v battery I received recently .
I just discovered that it is not a Seplos type bms but one that is made by PACE similar to this one .
Maybe someone else has info or this will save them barking down the wrong path like I had just done.
I wanted to see if I could get the data out of bms and onto esp8266 so I can send it MQTT to my grafana solar monitoring graphs.
This is a project that I tried - but it is for Seplos.
@Lardino, when you mentioned the name PACE I remembered reading about it and found this in my archive. Not sure whether it will be of help.

Attachments

• PACE RS232commuciation protocal(PACE-RS232-TY16S)-20180705.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 92
@Lardino, when you mentioned the name PACE I remembered reading about it and found this in my archive. Not sure whether it will be of help.
Thanks deonbez - I will pass that on to Graham .
There has been a lot of progress and we now are able to monitor all interconnected batteries ( and each cell too) in the stack using pylon protocol via the console port. Either an esp32 or raspberry pi can be used . It is all documented here https://github.com/ClassicDIY/PylonToMQTT
Also here is discussion

Back