diy solar

diy solar

Jakiper Battery

hopware

Has anyone here actually taken delivery of these batteries? I had a delivery date of 12/15/21, I wasn't actually expecting them to show up due to lack of any tracking info. They did update the order tracking on the website to show that deliveries will be delayed, due to issues at the port. Not mad, just curious.

I had a few on order. Canceled them due to the delay. No mad just leaving in the RV heading south and would not be able to take delivery with no idea when they would come in. On a positive note. No trouble canceling and refund was handled quickly and efficiently.

Glad to hear about the refund at least, not sure how long I'm going to wait. I know the port is pretty messed up but when they advertise " In Stock", the customer has an expectation that the vendor actually has the item.

They have arrived into their warehouse. According to my conversation with them, they are scheduling delivery now. I’m looking forward to receiving mine this next week. Based on their projections.

Thanks for the update. When someone actually takes delivery, could you please post a list of the included items. I'm curious as to the complement of interconnect cables, comm cables, and other misc pieces. Thanks!

I'm still waiting for mine, even though when I purchased them at the end of Nov when their site said "in stock" with a number of how many they had. I'm a little salty they made it seem as though they had them actually in stock. I quickly cancelled my EG4 order once I saw these were in stock. I'm still waiting for Jakiper to send me a tracking number. They've emailed me multiple times saying they're about to send them, and then a week goes by and nothing. I email again, they apologize, and delay another week.

Very frustrating and not a positive experience out of the gate.

If your XPO Logistics experience was anything link mine, expect a delay on their expected delivery date. I received notification on Dec 29th that my batteries had been shipped with XPO Logistics. Their expected delivery date was Jan 3rd. I called them yesterday and they let me know my batteries had not yet moved from their CA service center. It only started moving this morning and is now finally in my state. I'm expecting delivery finally tomorrow or the day after.

Last edited:
Additionally, I saw a notification on Jakiper's FB group that mentioned this recent batch didn't have the Growatt communication capabilities. Can anyone confirm if their recent batteries were able to or not communicate with their Growatt inverters? I'm going to be pretty disappointed if my battery isn't able to communicate with my Growatt inverter.

I can't link to the specific post, but you can view it in their FB group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/267283828510888

Also, here is a screen shot

1641396703275.png

I was not aware of the lack of communication protocol in "this batch". I think they are going to be dealing with a number of customers who think they were scammed. I smell a bunch of disputed credit card transactions. I would encourage Jakiper to figure a way to make the customers whole, quickly. If you are going to be unhappy with this outcome, start making hard copies of any and all documentation and communications associated with the transaction. You may need it.

I just got mine today after placing my order on on 11/29.

Shipped via XPO and it came in very good condition (very little box scuffing or damage). Packaging/protection looked adequate inside the boxes and batteries were pristine and voltage readings looked good. They are currently hooked up to my Growatt Inverter on US2 setting (not Li since the growatt communication doesn't work in this batch) for which I kept the default bulk/charge/float settings, as recommended by Jakiper. They're charging off of solar right now!

Glad to hear they showed up. Mine arrived at the distribution center at 1:30AM this morning. I doubt if they deliver on Saturday so it's probably going to be Monday. I have some questions, Did they contact you prior to delivery? Did the truck have a lift gate? Was there anything, besides the batteries, in the cartons? Do you have the batteries hooked up in parallel and linked with the comm ports? Thanks.

Glad to hear they showed up. Mine arrived at the distribution center at 1:30AM this morning. I doubt if they deliver on Saturday so it's probably going to be Monday. I have some questions, Did they contact you prior to delivery? Did the truck have a lift gate? Was there anything, besides the batteries, in the cartons? Do you have the batteries hooked up in parallel and linked with the comm ports? Thanks.
The truck had a lift gate and the two batteries I ordered were on pallets. We opted to just haul them one at a time together, so we didn't use the lift gate. Inside the boxes were a manual and some additional screws. Longer ones for the terminals (which I immediately used as the stock ones are too short) and some fasteners for a server rack installation. They also came with brackets for a server rack installation. That was it. I have the two batteries hooked up in parallel, but I didn't link up the comm ports as I haven't decided yet if I'm going to tweak any of the settings on the batteries with the software. My understanding is that since they can't communicate with my Growatt, those com ports aren't really useful for me unless I want to use the Windows software to tweak settings on the BMS. Hopefully my understand is correct.

Battery 1 had a voltage of 56.7 and the other one at 56.5. So I felt comfortable hooking them up in parallel right there.

I had to find some larger washers as the stock washers for the terminal screw downs were too small for my large lugs. That's really the only thing additional I needed for my situation. I'll be getting a server rack later, so for now, I have them standing up with a simple parallel configuration. I'm getting a T-Class fuse as well, since Will made the recommendation.

Thanks for the reply. I ordered 3 batteries to try, if they work out I will order more. I found a used Tripplite server rack on ebay, 25 rack spaces high. It's 48" deep, setup with racking front and rear, 2000 lbs capacity, on HD casters with leveling feet. It has locking doors and would hold 10 of these batteries. I was able to drive an hour to pick it up which eliminated the shipping cost. I'm very satisfied with it.

Note to self..... never, ever, under any circumstances use XPO Logistics for shipping. My shipment from Jakiper has been sitting in the delivery depot since 1:30 AM on 1/7/22. This location is about 50 miles from the delivery address. The scheduled delivery was supposed to be 1/7/22, I have been checking the tracking every day since then. Every day I check the tracking and the delivery date moves to the next day. Today I checked and the delivery slipped to tomorrow. I finally called "customer service" and provided them the tracking info, after being told that they had no record of the shipment... blah, blah, blah, the "representative" finally located it. He informed me that it was not scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, but it might be delivered on 1/14/22. Just to tie a ribbon around this clusterfuck, the founder and CEO of XPO is the current postmaster general of the USPS. He has brought all of his skills and experience to bear on the postal service. God help us.

Does anyone know what the "T-Sensor" setting does in the "System Settings" options? I accidentally toggled it to "T-Sensor open" and I'm not sure what it does. I can't see a way in the same area to "close" it, or change it back, and the operation of the battery seems the same, or at least it appears unaffected. Additionally, I don't see anything in the user guide about this setting.

Does anyone know what the "T-Sensor" setting does in the "System Settings" options? I accidentally toggled it to "T-Sensor open" and I'm not sure what it does. I can't see a way in the same area to "close" it, or change it back, and the operation of the battery seems the same, or at least it appears unaffected. Additionally, I don't see anything in the user guide about this setting.

Wild guess- Temperature Sensor ?

Note to self..... never, ever, under any circumstances use XPO Logistics for shipping. My shipment from Jakiper has been sitting in the delivery depot since 1:30 AM on 1/7/22. This location is about 50 miles from the delivery address. The scheduled delivery was supposed to be 1/7/22, I have been checking the tracking every day since then. Every day I check the tracking and the delivery date moves to the next day. Today I checked and the delivery slipped to tomorrow. I finally called "customer service" and provided them the tracking info, after being told that they had no record of the shipment... blah, blah, blah, the "representative" finally located it. He informed me that it was not scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, but it might be delivered on 1/14/22. Just to tie a ribbon around this clusterfuck, the founder and CEO of XPO is the current postmaster general of the USPS. He has brought all of his skills and experience to bear on the postal service. God help us.
XPO- it took them 4 attempts and over two months to get a set of flooded lead acid batteries to my door without major damage. One set of batteries had been flipped upside for some time and they lost about half the acid. One set had 3 batteries with major case damage/leaks from a forklift. One set didn't even make it here and after sitting in transit for over a week they told me the batteries were destroyed and they had to call hazmat.

Really sucked because it was summer and my entire house solar system was ready- just needed batteries. Had to hear the genny run all summer while i was waiting...

Guess i just have bad luck with batteries.

Received my battery today. The box was smashed a bit on the corner and the handle and faceplate was bent.
Also and what I am more concerned about is that the voltage is 14.8V when I switch on the power switch.
The low voltage cutoff for the BMS is 40V. Is my battery defective or do they ship them with that low of a voltage?
What is the point when damage occurs from too much discharge?

I'm a dummy, I just had to hit the reset button for 3 seconds and the unit fully turned on and has 53V.

Last edited:
Back