diy solar

diy solar

Jakiper Battery

Does anyone know what the "T-Sensor" setting does in the "System Settings" options? I accidentally toggled it to "T-Sensor open" and I'm not sure what it does. I can't see a way in the same area to "close" it, or change it back, and the operation of the battery seems the same, or at least it appears unaffected. Additionally, I don't see anything in the user guide about this setting.
So, turns out "T-Sensor" is actually "theft sensor". If you "enable" this like I did, then rotate the battery 60 degrees, you'll lock the entire battery from use and operation and the only way you can unlock it is with RJ11 to USB cable via software on a computer. Be very careful not to use this feature unintentionally, like I did. I haven't rotated my battery yet, so I'm in this weird state where it's "open" but not actually locked I believe. The lack of documentation on this battery is pretty frustrating.

- here is a video where they talk about unlocking your battery if it's been placed in theft mode.

I'm impressed that the software developers felt the need to "theft proof" the batteries. Where I'm from, it's not that common for random criminals to break in and carry off the very heaviest items. I would have thought that the fact that they would be connected in a system containing enough energy to kill your garden variety human, would be enough. Of course, there's also the fact that in an internet connected system, you have created a vector for a malicious actor to disable your batteries. XPO have decided that I don't really need my batteries. Instead of delivery today, 1/14/22, maybe 1/17/22 would work better for them, but of course they can change their minds at any time. My batteries have been in the delivery depot for over a week now. They have not contacted me in any way shape or form during this process. The only way I know anything is by looking at the tracking info. When I called "customer service", I even offered to go pick them up, and was told that's not possible. I'm struggling to find a reason why anyone would use this "service".

Last edited:
It just keeps getting better, as of this morning, my tracking number no longer shows up in the XPO Logistics system. Gee, I wonder what that means?
Probably not what you want to hear but my guess is they are damaged and they can't deliver them. They just haven't told you yet.

I finally received my batteries. I emailed Jakiper on Saturday morning, and they responded about an hour later, providing me with the phone number of the XPO depot where the batteries were. I called them on Monday morning and spoke with a lady who resolved the problem. The issue was that the hazmat code on the bill of lading was incorrect, so they couldn't deliver them. She had to contact people at the originating location and have them fix the problem. All it took was finding 1 person at XPO who gave a shit. Hats off to her. Of course the clown show wasn't quite over, XPO's residential delivery vehicle was a full size semi with a broken lift gate. I'm grateful I didn't order a dozen batteries. None of the boxes were damaged and the batteries were well packed. I did activate 1, it started with the low cell temp alarm. Not surprised, temps have been in the 20's recently. They are currently warming up and I will do some testing when they're normalized. My thanks to Debbie, XPO's employee of the month!

Back