diy solar

diy solar

Jakiper Customer Service

Finally got my battery completely functional again. Like others here, I managed to trigger the anti-theft mis-feature, effectively bricking the battery. Symptoms include:
- alarm light on and beep once/second
- in the Analog Info submenu temperatures all show -40C
- in Sys Settings, it says T-SENSOR OPEN.

The fix, as others here have noted, is to use a special cable to connect a Windows PC USB port to the battery RS232 port and run software available from Jakiper. That's pretty well documented.
Jakiper sells that cable, but anyone can make one with locally available parts. I'll give more detail if requested, but here's a quick overview:

You'll need:

1. USB to RS-232 adapter from Best Buy. $19.99
2. Standard telephone cord. Make sure it has 4 conductors. Some only have two.
3. RS-232 cable with DB-9 connectors. You can skip this if you're willing to cut the DB-9 connector off the new USB to RS 232 adapter.

Cut off one end of the phone cord, cut off a couple of inches of the outer insulation and very carefully strip the ends of the wires.
Do the same with the RS-232 cable, keeping the end that plugs into the USB adapter.
You'll have to figure out which wire connects to which pin on the DB-9. No doubt you have a meter if you're doing this stuff.
I believe wire color codes are standard for the phone jack. Connect wires as follows. Solder them, twist them together, whatever. In DB9 to phone wire:

Pin 2 to red
Pin 3 to green
Pin 5 to black and yellow

After that just follow the instructions included with the Jakiper Software.View attachment 84837View attachment 84838View attachment 84839
$13.99 for this cable I found on Amazon works without any modification. This is not an affiliate link!
$13.99 RJ12 to USB with FDTI Chip Link to Software - Click (DOWNLOAD)

I would like to dedicate this to the wonderful people at Jakiper, (round of APPLAUSE everyone!) and their wonderful state of the art antitheft system (set to trigger when you tilt the battery) and the $40 cable (costs $1 to make) which u must use to turn off the alarm! (which they don't have in stock!)
Thanks for Sharing!

BMS working now?
As per your instructions, I removed the display daughterboard from the old BMS and installed it on the new BMS you sent me. After swapping out parts from both BMS's, I installed it, now the BMS functions fully and the battery is now working as it should. Thank you.

Just reviewing this thread, it sure looks like Jakiper needs to hire a competent US-based support agent. For reference, I ordered 6 120ah bats from Trophy and they came in nice wooden boxes/palettes.

batbox.png

Last edited:
Just reviewing this this thread, it sure looks like Jakiper needs to hire a competent US-based support agent. For reference, I ordered 6 120ah bats from Trophy and they came in nice wooden boxes/palettes.

View attachment 87655
Now that is how you properly pack and ship a battery! Similar to how Discover does it. Trophy is looking pretty good imo. Let us know how they work!

Now that is how you properly pack and ship a battery! Similar to how Discover does it. Trophy is looking pretty good imo. Let us know how they work!
And I got mine in 5 days after ordering. I've only done a quick check and charge on them, they all charged up nicely. Also came with a nice USB->RS485 cable and software, presumably to update BMS firmware. I have confirmed that the internal heaters do work, and will heat the bats to chargeable temperatures, but only in relatively mild (25F) temperatures so far. Time will tell how they work. Going to be hooking these up to a Sol Ark 12k.

So glad to find this forum!!! I bought a Jakiper battery after seeing Wills video as well and after letting it sit in the box for over a month (i know I know...) I ran in to this very same problem with the alarm when trying to set it up with my inverter!! I was so mad. I thought the battery was no good. Seems like an easy fix, already ordered an Amazon cable coming in 1 day shipping for tomorrow. Software downloaded to PC. Hopefully the fix goes smoothly. I emailed their support but I already had a bad feelin about things but now after reading these threads I am somewhat at ease

So glad to find this forum!!! I bought a Jakiper battery after seeing Wills video as well and after letting it sit in the box for over a month (i know I know...) I ran in to this very same problem with the alarm when trying to set it up with my inverter!! I was so mad. I thought the battery was no good. Seems like an easy fix, already ordered an Amazon cable coming in 1 day shipping for tomorrow. Software downloaded to PC. Hopefully the fix goes smoothly. I emailed their support but I already had a bad feelin about things but now after reading these threads I am somewhat at ease
Please let us know if need assist

I'm having problems with my Jakiper 48v batteries. It took forever to get them. To begin with they were not in stock as advertised. They finally arrived in Rancho Cucamonga and shipped in mid January. They sat on ABF dock in San Bernardino another month.
I had to reschedule installation several times. Now they will not turn on at all. No buzzer, no lights, no nothing.
Brand new and just opened the boxes. Totally doa, not a sign of life in them.
ya totally lied on the website to me also 22 in stock California. Total lie. it took over 2 months to finally get the battery. If I wanted to order from China I would have put my own battery together with parts from Alibaba for 1/2 the price and I would have got them 1 month sooner! The 1st gen battery was advertised to communicate with inverters.. which was one of the main reasons I decided to purchase this battery. They changed their story and now only 2nd gen or newer communicate with inverters. I am sorry that's BS. They should at least send me an updated BMS or mainboard!

ya totally lied on the website to me also 22 in stock California. Total lie. it took over 2 months to finally get the battery. If I wanted to order from China I would have put my own battery together with parts from Alibaba for 1/2 the price and I would have got them 1 month sooner! The 1st gen battery was advertised to communicate with inverters.. which was one of the main reasons I decided to purchase this battery. They changed their story and now only 2nd gen or newer communicate with inverters. I am sorry that's BS. They should at least send me an updated BMS or mainboard!
If I were you, I would put it to them to find out what they can do to ensure that this communicates with your inverter as advertised.

If I were you, I would put it to them to find out what they can do to ensure that this communicates with your inverter as advertised.
Please do try. When I pressed them on the communication element they denied ever making that claim with regards to the first gen batteries. They suggested that I had gotten that information from any unofficial source, and that they had no liability for it. All of my dealings with this company served only to reinforce the worst of the stereotypes surrounding Chinese companies. They operate without any honor or regard for the customer's welfare.

@Zhoulun care to comment?

Please do try. When I pressed them on the communication element they denied ever making that claim with regards to the first gen batteries. They suggested that I had gotten that information from any unofficial source, and that they had no liability for it. All of my dealings with this company served only to reinforce the worst of the stereotypes surrounding Chinese companies. They operate without any honor or regard for the customer's welfare.

@Zhoulun care to comment?
I have proof of the communication to inverter claim for 1st gen jakiper battery. I am contacting them, now.

Back